South Asian Weddings

Bridesmaid sari update

Well, after never hearing back from Utsav, I decided to try the one place in town here that sells saris I hadn't tried. I actually found 4 saris that I really like!  They're all purple, two with green pallus and two with orangey pallus.  The prices were reasonable, and they cut me a deal since I will get three of the girls' blouses stitched there.  I paid a tiny bit more than if I'd tried to order from India, but well worth the extra money to have them in hand now!

Re: Bridesmaid sari update

• edited December 2011
    That's great that everything worked out. Definitely the last thing you need to worry about with the wedding around the corner!
  • ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay!
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • edited December 2011
    Good news!  Also,you may want to call your credit card company to see if you can negate the charges from Utsav.
    ExerciseMilestone
  • edited December 2011
    I never actually ordered them from Utsav, thankfully.  I'd just picked the saris out at Utsav and kept trying to get a response about how long it would take me to get them if I ordered.  A lot of the other companies didn't have phone numbers at all, which seemed like a big red flag to me.   
  • edited December 2011
    I am all for getting it in person than online. Esp. for sari's since the color looks so much different online than in person as well as the intricate designs and such. Also I hate shipping and handling fees. I was going to mention a local shop but I didn't know if it was in your area. I'm happy you found something! can't wait for pics of it all coming together!!
  • Meghana55Meghana55 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's great!  Glad that worked out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards