Michigan-Detroit

Hello Everyone!

So, I've been a knottie for a long time and realized I never introduced myself- how rude I am! Anyhow, My name is Janice. I live in Ann Arbor and my wedding is on August 27, 2011. I must say that the Detroit board has some of the nicest, most helpful ladies on it; it makes me proud to be a Detroit area bride!

Re: Hello Everyone!

• edited December 2011
    Is your wedding in Ann Arbor?  Where?

I ask because mine is, and August 27 was actually our original date :-)
  • edited December 2011
      The ceremony is at Kerrytown Concert House and the reception is at Weber's. It seems like August 27 is a very popular date. We originally wanted a September wedding, but every weekend next September is a home game, so we didn't want to do that to the OOT guests.
  • Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome Janice!!! I'm an 8/27/11 bride too! Hi datetwin!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks, Sue! We can count down together!
  • emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!
  • matuofmmatuofm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey, Janice.  I'm in Ypsi, and we're getting married in the second or third weekend of September.  I'm so glad that you mentioned the home games - HOW could I have forgotten to look into that??? 

I owe you my life and my firstborn.  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Nice you meet you!!
  • MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board Janice!
  • floraallfloraall member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Janice its so funny that you said that! I am from Ann Arbor and had my heart set on September for our wedding... so we chose Sept 17th because its the UM v. EMU game (probably the smallest game of the year). It is still causing us a small headache deciding on what driving routes to reccomend for our guests!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_hello-everyone-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:35f5d5cf-a41e-4e85-8a23-4665cca774b5Post:5a73a36f-c5ec-4e08-b223-5e31918742fb">Re: Hello Everyone!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Janice its so funny that you said that! I am from Ann Arbor and had my heart set on September for our wedding... so we chose Sept 17th because its the UM v. EMU game (probably the smallest game of the year). It is still causing us a small headache deciding on what driving routes to reccomend for our guests!
    Posted by floraall[/QUOTE]

I bet!  My church actually won't do weddings on football Saturdays!  My dad is a HUGE football fan though, and we go to all the games, so it wouldn't have worked for us anyway.

I live on the west side just a few blocks from the stadium, so if you think I can contribute anything to your routing of people, let me know!  It'll probably be a noon game, so traffic will be bad 10-12 and 3:30-5:30, and a complete non-issue during the game itself.

We all deal with inconveniences...August 27 was going to be our date, and we changed to accommodate some family members.  So now we're August 13, and it turn out there's a GIANT plumber's convention in Ann Arbor/Ypsi that weekend, which has made hotel blocking/availability difficult (we eventually found one that worked, but Weber's was our first choice for a block and we couldn't get it).  I can't even imagine trying to block for a football weekend.
  • Linds0727Linds0727 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hey Janice are you using the Atrium room at Weber's?  I ask because my wedding is also August 27 at Weber's. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards