Ohio-Toledo

NWR - White elephant gifts

We need two for xmas there?  Anyone have any good ideas??
Wedding Countdown Ticker Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that. --Michael Leunig-- Planning Bio

Re: NWR - White elephant gifts

• ellenalabamaellenalabama member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you supposed to get gag gifts or real ones?  Last year FI bought a blow-up little person doll (classy huh?) for the white elepahant his family had.  lol  Everyone thought it was funny, but thats how his family is.  Thank goodness we didn't get the doll back & got a single cup coffee maker instead!  I think gift cards, photo albums or picture frames are always pretty safe for something like that.  Maybe a bottle of wine?
  • nyreknyrek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I work for a Jewish agency, and while at Frankenmuth a few months ago, picked up a bottle of beer that was called "HeBrew...The Chosen One."  I thought it was cute so I'm giving that away, as well as a pair of boxers that say "Kiss Me" all over them, and an old card game I got in last year's white elephant exchange.

We had some people last year who didn't understand that white elephant gifts were more like gag gifts or silly things...and they got really upset. Hopefully this year will go smoother!

Good luck...and just have fun! It's a nice way to get rid of some unwanted clutter!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards