Ohio-Toledo

Vendors! 8.6.2011 wedding

@font-face { font-family: "Times New Roman"; }p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal { margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }table.MsoNormalTable { font-size: 10pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }div.Section1 { page: Section1; }

Hi ladies! So we got married a couple of weeks ago and it was amazing! Despite the fact that we had a little rain, but it was during the ceremony so we didn’t even notice (only reason I knew was RIGHT before I walked down the aisle a lady walked in the front doors with an umbrella and was soaking wet). Our day went by perfectly and I would recommend every single one of my vendors to everybody! Below are reviews (sorry.. they get really long..... and I don't know why the text is all funky on here.. sorry). I’ll post them at the top of the page, too. If you want more info PM me.

Church – Rosary Cathedral

Beautiful, beautiful church! This is where my parents and grandparents got married so it holds special meaning to us. Someone also said it’s the longest aisle in the city – so I definitely got to have my “moment” walking down the aisle.

I will warn you it is not AC-ed but we knew that coming into it so I can’t complain. Of course the wedding day it was super, super hot, but the staff did everything they could to keep it cool. They even put fans behind the bridal party and guests to keep them as comfortable as possible.

Dresses – Bridal and Formal (Cincinnati)

I ordered my dress from here and my bridesmaids ordered theirs as well. The staff was great – discounted my dress a lot because we had to add in so much extra fabric for my height + 4.5” heels. They were also great about the BM dresses – answering all my questions (I had a lot about the color(s) I was picking… they were very patient with me). All the dresses arrived in correct sizes, colors, on time etc.

Flowers – Hafner

Beth did an amazing job on the flowers. I showed her my color scheme (blue, purple, grey) and told her the most important thing I wanted were blue hydrangeas. She did awesome. Everything looked great. I asked for extra purple in MOH’s bouquet (her fav color) and she did it. Centerpieces were great and sooo much less than I thought they would be. She came in under our budget! I got a number of compliments on the bouquets/centerpieces/all flowers throughout the day.

Photo Booth – Rock the Booth

Best idea ever! We knew the photo booth would be fun, but we never knew it would be THAT fun. Everyone had a BLAST. We got the box of props as well as the Scrapbook/Guest Book option– so as guests pics came out, they got a copy and a photo booth attendant got a copy to put in a scrapbook. Guests wrote us notes with the pictures – now THAT is a guest book we will look at in the future! Throughout the entire night the booth was packed with people – I totally recommend getting one. RtB was great to work with. They didn’t have a ton of flashy signs advertising their company, prices were great and the photo booth attendant did a fantastic job working with our guests and our scrapbook.

Also as FYI to those looking at photobooths – this was an actual booth you could step in (not just one of those benches for 2 people) – so you could fit as many people as you wanted in there. I definitely reco this kind over the smaller one where you sit and get maybe 2-3 people inside.

Rehearsal Dinner – Rockwells at the Oliver House

This turned out to be a great dinner. We had ~40 guests and got to pick 3 entrees. The food was delicious and the staff was great. We had our own special room so we were away from the restaurant crowd. They were also great to work with – very quick to respond to emails and phone calls.

Cake – Estons

Delicious cake… and beautiful! Everything came out perfectly. I made sure that Ben & I did get a slice of cake during the evening and it was fantastic.

Hotel – Crowne Plaza

We were very, very happy with the Crowne. This was the place that all of our OOT guests stayed and they all had a pleasant experience as well. We stayed there a total of 4 nights and were pleased with everything. We had a suite and it was a perfect size for me and my ladies to get ready. They gave us a free night because we booked all of our guest rooms.

I also requested on the day of for food to be brought to my room and the guys room while they were getting ready. Wraps, fruits, veggies, cookies – it was great and reasonably priced (and VERY convenient).

Salon – Beauty Bar

I am very pleased with the ladies at the Beauty Bar. Jill (I think?) was the girl who did my makeup and Sarah did my hair. I was very happy with both the trial and day-of work. The makeup was beautiful and lasted all day as did the hair. My bridesmaids were very happy as well – they all got their hair done and some makeup as well. They all loved their styles and makeup (and I must say .. they all looked fabulous!)

Band – Dan Rafferty Band

If you are looking for one, BOOK THIS BAND! They are AWESOME! We originally signed up with a DJ but Ben surprised me a few months ago with the band – best idea ever. They are out of Detroit and do an amazing job. Cocktail hour is a small jazz band; dinner was Michael Buble-type music; the rest of the night was a mix of EVERYTHING. They played our first dance (Clapton – Wonderful Tonight) and did an AWESOME job and went on to some great Motown music followed by some other great stuff. They play Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Black Eyed Peas – you name it! We had SOOO many people tell us after the wedding (and even today!) that the band was great. We met with Derek (leader) a few weeks before the wedding and he talked about how they work off of the energy of the crowd and really want to get people out there and they sure did. People I did not expect to be out on the dance floor were tearin’ it up! 

Reception – Toledo Museum of Art Glass Pavilion

Our reception was amazing. Every little part of it was perfect – Kerri & the museum staff did a fantastic job on everything. We had about 180 people and we all fit inside very comfortably. There is a lot of space to sit at big dinner tables, mingle at smaller low-tables, and cocktail tables. It is a very beautiful, classy venue.

Food – catering @ TMA

The food for our reception was GREAT. When we met with Erika a few months ago we told her what we liked/didn’t like etc. She made a menu to exactly what we liked at our requested price point. The food was awesome – it was definitely not the standard chicken, beef, mashed potatoes & green beans that you usually see at weddings. The meats had a lot of seasoning and flavor to them, the side dishes were very unique – they really gave us a menu that was different than the norm (I even requested a mac n’ cheese as a side and they made a fancier but still kid friendly version!). Our food was served family style and I would highly recommend that to anybody considering it.

Drinks were great as well. We had a “limited open bar” – 2 beers (Bud Light, 312), 2 white wines (a cuvee & moscato d’asti) and a signature drink (blackberry mint mojito). We picked each of these ourselves. We even special requested one of the wines and they searched to make sure they could supply it. Everybody loved all of our drink selections.

Glass Blowing – We paid a little extra to have a glass blowing demo go on during our cocktail hour. It was so cool and the room was packed with guests checking it out. They made a pitcher (in colors we picked) for us to take home and keep.

Photographer – Sarah J Photography

I will review this after I see the pics!

Videographer – Inspired Image

I will review this after we get the videos!

Flower Preservation – Freeze Frame

I will review this after I get my flowers back! (I’m getting 2 small ornaments with some hydrangea blooms and Ben’s bout in it, as well as some jewelry with beads made out of some flowers)

Ok I think that’s all.. hope I didn’t forget anything. We leave for our honeymoon on Friday and we can’t wait – 2 weeks in Europe (Barcelona, Rome & Capri!).

Here are a few pictures from family/friends:

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Vendors! 8.6.2011 wedding

• rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

Wow, sounds like an amazing day! MOSCATO D'ASTI!?!  Yum!

And I agree with everything you said about the photobooth! We used a different company, but had great results as well.

Have a great honeymoon!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats you look great I'm glad everything went as planned for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards