South Asian Weddings

Tipping Vendors

Since i like this board more, i thought i will post this here. I am getting married in 2 and a half weeks.. wow time went by fast and you ladies have been very helpful. I have all my vendors and mostly everything is done and reconfirmed. While putting aside envelopes for the balances due to the different vendors i thought of preparing seperate envelopes for the vendors whose prices do not include gratuity. What percentage of your final amount did you / will you tip the vendors? TIA!

Re: Tipping Vendors

• edited December 2011
    I have a sheet that our event coordinator provided us with that was somewhat helping in gauging average tipping amounts.  It sort of guides you (on the high end) of what you should be offering your vendors.  We didn't follow it blindly, but it helped put things in perspective.  If you'd like me to send it to you, shoot me an email at deepti and samir at gmail dot com and I can forward it to you.  p.s. though we used it as a guide, vendors often time guided us as to the average amount.  for example our venue manager gave us a sense of what the maitre'd normally receives.  similarly the shuttle guy gave us an idea of what the bus drivers expect.  so you can often ask the vendor manager (assuming they are not the person servicing you the day of).
  • edited December 2011
    I could be wrong-but I would assume that 15 to20% is normal.  I have heard that if the person providing the service has their own shop-then not to inlcude tip-it doesn't make sense to me-but I'd thought I would throw it out there.
    ExerciseMilestone
  • edited December 2011
    Deepti - YGM!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards