California-Northern

Mini-Vent: Father Daughter Dance

So I made a cd for my dad of all sorts of songs and sent it to him for Father's Day with a sweet card.  Fast forward to now (what, almost 2 months later) and still no song.  He is being near impossible about this.  First, he didn't listen to the cd.  He thought he could just bring it to the reception and tell the DJ then.  Then, he finally listened to the songs.  He was 'enh' about all of them.  So we researched songs, my brother played some more songs for him.  Yesterday, he actually said "No songs fits our relationship."  He started talking about how none of these songs are written for us and how we'll never find a song.  (Thanks, Dad.  Just AWESOME!) I am to the point that I just want to check this off.  My mom is being insane about it all (she is a dancer, so she thinks she knows EVERYTHING when it comes to dancing to music.)  Vent over.(I am soo glad that we are going to be unreachable for the next 5 days.  Serenity!)    

Re: Mini-Vent: Father Daughter Dance

• edited December 2011
    I avoided this entire issue by making it a surprise for my dad. What if you told him you found the perfect song and it's a surprise? Because when he's dancing with you he won't be thinking "bad song choice."
  • edited December 2011
    Also - have fun on your trip!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    If my mom wasn't who she is that might have worked.   I wish!!   Thanks! We are headed to Sun River, Oregon with the ILs.  I am not even taking my cell phone.  :)  Lots of nature, lots of fun activities, lots of sleep.  No technology, no wedding talk, no house talk, no job talk.  CANNOT WAIT!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm trying to keep it it simple, since my dad and I don't have a relationship that "fits" most songs. I think I've pretty much decided to go with Stevie Wonder, Isn't she lovely... GL!
    ~ Jasmine & Ryan 10/3/09 ~ ]
  • edited December 2011
    What a pain! Have fun this weekend!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards