Florida-North Florida
Options

Was bad and tried on my dress today!

So I've been feeling stressed with work and in a rut this week. TGIF almost! I was doing some house cleaning and saw my dress hanging up and decided to try it on. It did make me feel a little better :) but I also felt a little guilty. Has anyone else done this? I'm also a little worried because I feel like my dress is a whole size too big. There's a ton of beading on the bodice and I'm not sure how they are going to take it in. I know this is a better problem to have than it being too small, but part of me feels like DB leaned towards me ordering a size too big. It's too bad I wasn't on this message board before I ordered the dress :-) Am I worrying over nothing?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Was bad and tried on my dress today!

• Options
    janedoe1113ajanedoe1113a member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, they should easily be able to take it in at least a size.  You can normally take Davids dresses in two sizes.
  • Options
    clseale13clseale13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should be fine. And don't feel guilty...you paid good money for that dress. You try it on as much as you like. Especially if it makes you feel better! :) Pics please.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Please, before my wedding I tried it on all the time. Luckily I only had it for just over a week before I started my fittings! And as far as altering your dress, don't worry about it. A lot of people end up having to have their dresses taken in a size or two.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    jendawn80jendawn80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    guess that didn't work... How do you link a picture in your posts?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    clseale13clseale13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can see it! But I had to copy and paste the whole code and take out the areas. It's very pretty on you. No wonder it's too big...you're ity bity! :)
  • Options
    jodipplsjodippls member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You're not alone in trying on your dress. I've had mine since about January and I've tried it on 4 times. It makes me happy. I'm sure they'll be able to take it in. Don't worry too much!
  • Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    duncanpowersduncanpowers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is a lovely style on you. You'll look gorgeous! And like pp said, don't feel bad. I tried on my dress ALL THE TIME :D
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress earlier this month and it fits but with no room to spare, I fully intend to try it on at least once a month until the big day :) I think you should get as much use as you can out of your dress :)BTW that dress is stunning on you, very nice for you body type :)
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for all the lovely compliements.  :-)  It goes with my whole cinderella fairy tale theme which is why i went with that one over some others that were also very pretty.  I probably won't be trying it on again until the fittings start..it was a pain to get back in the sheet and garment bag all by myself!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards