New York-Long Island
Options

wedding party transportation

Hi ladies...question for you! How is your WP getting to your venue? We are getting married on site (reception in the same place). The hotel we are using provides a shuttle to and from our venue for free. We are trying to find ways to cut costs, and thought this wouldn't be a bad way. Is this ridiculously tacky, or do you guys think this is ok? How are you all handling it?
imageAnniversary

RIP Dr. Irving Fishman - 10/1/19-7/25/10 - thank you for holding on for me.
You made my wedding day complete.

Re: wedding party transportation

• Options
    edited December 2011
    How many people does the shuttle hold? As long as it's free and can comfortably fit your guests and WP, that should be fine. Are you going to get a limo for yourselves?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FI's parents have offered to get us a limo back to the hotel after the party. I will probably be driven to the venue by my mother since I'm getting dressed at the venue.
    imageAnniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using the shuttle at my place since they've offered it!
  • Options
    stina11stina11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married in a far area from our reception. The limos for us are just worth it. Your venue offers the shuttle and as long as you are not on it before the ceremony all dressed then its a good idea and plus is always to cut costs. If you want to have that little bit of alone time with your new husband after I would accept the limo offer to take you back.
  • Options
    jordanamnjordanamn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am in a similar situation.  I think besides having a limo take me and my fiance (husband??!?) away from the party, we are not doing any kind of limos.  Our out-of-towners will have a shuttle from the hotel, and my mom is probably driving me to the venue because i'm getting there as well.  I don't think it's tacky - it is a waste of money to have a shuttle pick everyone up and drive them liek 10 minutes!!  
  • Options
    scoobyd266scoobyd266 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If your venue offers it for free, than take advantage of it! I don't think its tacky at all. In fact, I wish I could find a way out of having to rent limos myself.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for your input and advice! It was just what I needed to convince FI that it is NOT tacky to do these things!
    imageAnniversary

• Options
    alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011
    i'm kind of on the other side of the fence with this. while i don't find it necessarily takcy i do find it slightly less than a good idea. your BP have probably spent hundreds of dollars and many hours getting ready for your wedding and throwing parties-i think they deserve to be treated a little special.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards