African American Weddings

RSVP - SMH

Most of you know my crazy story and how the wedding got cancelled day before & we ran off and just got married privately because of FI mom....
So we reset the reception/ a small religous ceremony to celebrate our new nuptuals for 9/23.  MIL is doing MUCH MUCH MUCH Better. 

So with not much time, we sent out evites.. I can SEE that you saw the invite, it sends me an email that you opened it and these FOOLS wont just click yes or no.  We lost alot of guests because of how things went down and we understand that... so just say "no" then.  The venue will make up our credit with upgrades.  So the people that DO come will have a great time.  I need to turn in numbers today and alot of deez folks havent even said yea or nay.... well Im about to answer "NAY"... smh
We paid for 55, got 39 yes, 20 no and 10 people are ust "out there".... Im done... Im giving in the # as 42 and upgrading the rest.  Im done with these folks. 

Like I said, given the circumstances, I understand the "no"s... I just want to know what to do.  THEN when I CHASE folk down they say... "Im just not sure yet"... um ok.. my standard reply was "ok, Ill put down 'no', if that changes, let me know"

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: RSVP - SMH

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_rsvp-smh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:b7614368-83de-4d04-aac9-c7f6faf075bePost:babcc3cc-e2e7-469f-b481-4f8a2d2a98fc">RSVP - SMH</a>:
    [QUOTE]Most of you know my crazy story and how the wedding got cancelled day before & we ran off and just got married privately because of FI mom.... So we reset the reception/ a small religous ceremony to celebrate our new nuptuals for 9/23.  MIL is doing MUCH MUCH MUCH Better.  So with not much time, we sent out evites.. I can SEE that you saw the invite, it sends me an email that you opened it and these FOOLS wont just click yes or no.  We lost alot of guests because of how things went down and we understand that... so just say "no" then.  The venue will make up our credit with upgrades.  So the people that DO come will have a great time.  I need to turn in numbers today and alot of deez folks havent even said yea or nay.... well Im about to answer "NAY"... smh We paid for 55, got 39 yes, 20 no and 10 people are ust "out there".... Im done... Im giving in the # as 42 and upgrading the rest.  Im done with these folks.  Like I said, given the circumstances, I understand the "no"s... I just want to know what to do.  THEN when I CHASE folk down they say... "Im just not sure yet"... um ok.. my standard reply was "ok, Ill put down 'no', if that changes, let me know"
    Posted by RealHappyGal[/QUOTE]

The knot really needs to create a "Like" button.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think you are doing the right thing...if they don't know then tell them you putting them as a "no" if it changes by your deadline, then you can change them to a yes. You are handling this well! 

I just want to say I'm so happy for you AGAIN! You will have a wonderful celebration. Can't wait for this recap as well!

Cha
    click here to view our Amazing Love wedding website Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_rsvp-smh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:b7614368-83de-4d04-aac9-c7f6faf075bePost:3fece817-8343-4652-a84a-5ae0149fdc8c">Re: RSVP - SMH</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think you are doing the right thing...if they don't know then tell them you putting them as a "no" if it changes by your deadline, then you can change them to a yes. You are handling this well!  <strong>I just want to say I'm so happy for you AGAIN! You will have a wonderful celebration. Can't wait for this recap as well! </strong>Cha
    Posted by CreoleBride30[/QUOTE]

Totally agree... I feel like the people that TRULY want to share this moment with you guys, have already said YES.. The others...."it is what it is"... GO AND ENJOY!!!!

ENJOY THOSE UPGRADES!!!   
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_rsvp-smh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:b7614368-83de-4d04-aac9-c7f6faf075bePost:b3c4727b-11e8-4ba5-8e1e-ab1d807d3a9d">Re: RSVP - SMH</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: RSVP - SMH : Totally agree... I feel like the people that TRULY want to share this moment with you guys, have already said YES.. The others...."it is what it is"... GO AND ENJOY!!!! ENJOY THOSE UPGRADES!!!   
    Posted by nursing2u[/QUOTE]

I agree with this!  Remember to not get worked up about this.
    **I am getting married to Mr. Wonderful on 11/3/2012**
  • Glad to here that she is doing much better. I don;t know why its so hard for people to commit to anything. I think you did the right thing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards