North Carolina

Favorite Hotel between Durham and Winston-Salem?

Hey ladies!

My FI is searching for the hotel for the wedding night and we'll be driving from north Durham to the west.  We don't want to travel more than an hour or maybe an hour and a half, so we're looking for a hotel between Durham and Winston-Salem.  

What's your favorite hotel in that stretch of interstate, or what would you recommend?  Our budget is up to about $100 at the most, but I'm wanting to stay away from the "Super Eight" type motels, like the quality of Hampton Inn or better.   It would be nice to have something that isn't RIGHT on the interstate, but not TOO far from the interstate (I-85/I-40).  Super-unique or B&B is fine too.   

Our eventual destination is Hot Springs, so we'll hop on I-40 to keep going west the next morning.  Thanks for your recommendations!! :-) 
July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!

Re: Favorite Hotel between Durham and Winston-Salem?

• pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Favorite? Proximity Hotel in Greensboro. 
  • edited December 2011
    The Proximity is really nice, but definitely out of your budget. There are a bunch of hotels around the airport exit off of I40. They have a brand new holiday inn express and the marriott there that is really nice. Also, an embassy suites too...not sure of their price. Good luck :)
  • aknc10aknc10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Proximity is a great hotel, so is the O'Henry, they are owned by the same company. You'll get a better rate usually by calling instead of booking online. I've gotten a rate at the Proximity as low as $150.

Also, there is a cute hotel downtown Greensboro called The Biltmore. I've never been there but a friend's family stayed their for her wedding and she recommended it for our wedding guests.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the recommendations, ladies!  We are still examining the budget but I think we'd like to stay closer to $100 or less on the room.  I may just see if I can find any wiggle room to go higher on that.... :-)  

Thanks!!!! 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Beth0882Beth0882 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We stayed at the Courtyard Marriot in Greensboro right off 40 at the airport exit on our wedding night and so did our guests.  Rooms were comfortable and clean, and stylish.  I think a normal room is definetely under $100 a night unless there is some special event going on at the time (ie, Furniture Market). 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards