Ohio-Toledo

Directions to the wedding and reception?

I'm trying to decide if we should put directions and a map to the church and reception in the wedding invitation. The church is not off a main highway or main road. So it is a bit frustrating to make up a map and directions to the church since our guests are coming from different directions. Is it better to have directions for the guests or is it ok to let the guest get directions on their own? Any opinions on this ?? Thanks!

Re: Directions to the wedding and reception?

• nyreknyrek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are not putting directions in the invites...but only because it's at the zoo. Local guests know where the zoo is, and the OOT guests will have the directions put in their welcome bags. In the save the dates (Sorry...I hate writing "STD"...gross) I am having it worded "Directions and more info at..." then listing our wedding website. I've had invitations come to me in the past which had directions and a map in it...I didn't think it was tacky or anything, and if it's an obscure location, will probably be appreciated by your guests! As for the different directions...you would be better off just giving the address and a localized map. Guests should be able to get directions on their own. Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I've seen directions done where they take you from a main highway (like 75 usually for me) and it gives you the directions from there. You make up one set that would head North and one that would head south. Except for people from out of state, everyone in my family can get to 75. I'm planning on doing directions that way and I know I saw a website that you type in information and it makes the map for you, but I can't remember the address
  • edited December 2011
    I've heard of brides using this website to make maps: [url]www.weddingmapper.com[/url].
  • mamboqueenmamboqueen member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Make a map of the church and reception site. If you create a  MAPQUEST map of the locations, you can save them as pictures and print them, or insert them into a word documentHTH
  • edited December 2011
    We put directions in our invitations but we are also going to stick the left over directions in the OOT gift bags. I have also heard of people leaving a stack of directions at the hotel (if most of your guests are staying at a certain hotel). Then they can find them easily as most people tend to forget the directions put in wedding invitation at home.
  • edited December 2011
    I did what mamboqueen did. I made a map on mapquest, then right clicked and saved it into word. I then added text boxes of the name and address of the church and reception hall.
  • edited December 2011
    We did something similar with pasting a Mapquest map into Word, put a couple of cute icons on it for the church and hall (ours were close together so it worked very well), and I put addresses at the bottom for people who had Garmins, etc. On the other side, I listed directions to the church from the major highways.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards