June 2012 Weddings
Options

oh the fun of addressing invites...

sooo, they came in the mail from vistaprint at the end of the week, but since I was away for the weekend I only got to address them this evening.
By the time I had majority of them done, I started messing up... I don't know what happened to me, but I couldn't spell "Earlene" correctly for my life!! My brain had stopped cooperating haha... and I didn't even have to address that many.
Also, I guess I had never really thought about it, but about 3/4 of my guests live in the same area code!
Now they are all ready for mailing tomorrow morning.
Anyone else has fun invite stories? :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: oh the fun of addressing invites...

• Options
    I had a TON of invitations to write/seal/etc. At first I was licking them but I was sick and it was starting to dry my throat out so I went and grabbed a sponge and a small container of water. The first one I did with the sponge, I put too much water on it and it got on the invitation itself.

I flipped it over and saw it was for my grandma so I took out new everything and addressed it again. Threw the old one out and threw it in the box with everyone else's.

A few days later we send them out. A few days after that, I get a picture text from one of my BM's husbands (who works at the local post office) of said envelope without a stamp. He said "No stamp? No worries, I got it."

Of all the invitations to forget a stamp on - it had to be my grandma's.
  • Options
    I don't have any fun stories.  I just did as many as I could at a time and when I felt like I was too tired to do more I stopped.  Yes it took longer but oh well.  
  • Options
    I had to do mine over several days because my brain quit working too. My handwriting got sloppy and my spelling was awful!
    I licked all of mine and wanted to die. I had to chew gum to keep my mouth moist enough. lol.

First Look
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    We had postage issues. We made up one invite and took it to the post office. They told us what we needed to put on it. So we bought all the postage. When we finished all the invites we took them to the post office to mail. The mailman weighed it again and told us we didn't have enough postage. It was annoying.
    Cappadocia, Turkey
    June 2012 March Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon location
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    image 215 Invited so far!
    image 160 Are ready to party!
    image 30 Will be missing out!
    image 25 Are MIA!
  • Options

My invites are the kind that folds into itself and has a postcard RSVP portion.  I purchased pretty wedding stamps with roses....but the only postcard stamps my post office had were Hawaiian-shirt print stamps!  Which would be fine, if we were going to Hawaii or someplace beach-y for our honeymoon..... oh well - they get the job done!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_oh-the-fun-of-addressing-invites?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:614b49e9-e4ad-4dbe-bbab-b35d2148e88aPost:b63b76c5-02f2-4015-b3c5-00a70b35d54b">Re: oh the fun of addressing invites...</a>:
    [QUOTE]My invites are the kind that folds into itself and has a postcard RSVP portion.  I purchased pretty wedding stamps with roses....but the only postcard stamps my post office had were Hawaiian-shirt print stamps!  Which would be fine, if we were going to Hawaii or someplace beach-y for our honeymoon..... oh well - they get the job done!
    Posted by lb1212[/QUOTE]

<div>I was going to get the hawaiian shirts to save money on the RSVP postcards but my FI said no so we ended up getting pretty forever stamps.  I really wish they offered more options for postcards though I understand why they don't.</div>
  • Options
    Since I'm the one that addressed all our envelopes/inner envelopes/rsvp envelopes (my mom helped a little) FI was on stuff & seal duty.  Because of all his complaining during the STD envelope-licking, I got him a little thing from staples that you put water in and it wets the envelope just enough to seal it.  It was $1.50 and well worth it, plus I can use it on thank yous!

We did this all Saturday morning, and the post office closed at 2pm.  I got there at 1:55!!  Luckily we got them out!  I didn't do our immediate families' invites yet though because I wanted the rest out and I know our parents and siblings are all coming.  I'll do them tonight!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic June 2012 Siggy: Favorite Engagement Picture! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I started by opening only one pack of invitations and RSVP's (they came in packs of 50), and pre-stamped all of the RSVP's. Well when those ran out I grabbed the next pack, and completely forgot to stamp them!  We got one back a few days ago, and it had a different stamp than the ones I used, and thats the only reason I realized I hadn't stamped them. Oops Embarassed Luckily there were only about 5 that this happened to, so hopefull they will put their own stamps on it and send it back.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I put the stamps on upside-down for like the first 5 lol.
    June 16, 2012
  • Options
    We typed all of our addresses into an Access file, and then exported them to labels. It made it so much easier! (until we found a few typos...)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards