Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Recieving Line or not?

I'm on the fence as to having a recieving line or not.  Given the size of the bridal party and family, there will be 12 people in the recieving line and we're expecting about 120 people to come to the 1pm ceremony at the church.  With just the way the day's events are planned out, we're need to be somewhere by 3pm and in the evening recption, there just really won't be enough time.   If we have the recieivng line right after the afternoon ceremony, how long do you think that would take?  Alternatively, how long do you think it would take to do table visit during the reception for aobut 16 tables? 

Which do you think is better, recieving line or visiting the tables?

thanks,

Re: Recieving Line or not?

• Options
    I don't think your BP needs to be in the receiving line, just you two.
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • Options
    Nice idea- I was feeling the same about having one- I think we will do just me and my husband.  I always think they are so awkward anyway, when the bridal party doesn't know alot of guests anyway!
  • Options
    We are doing one with just FI and I, and maybe parents but definitley not bridal party.
  • Options
    You will have to greet your guests at some point, be it at the end of the ceremony, during the cocktail hour or during dinner. Most brides say they regret that they weren't able to eat dinner for any reason, and you need to have food in your stomach if you are drinking any alcohol. So make sure to sit down and eat something. Then greet your guests at the end of the ceremony. It is extremely rare for guests to attend just the reception, contrary to popular belief, since it is considered highly rude to only attend one event.
  • Options
    Ditto Meaghan. I despise receiving lines as a guest so I never considered doing one. We attended our cocktail hour (the norm in my crowd) and spoke with everyone then. We also did table visits during the reception and of course spoke with people on the dancefloor, around the venue, etc.
  • Options
    We plan on doing a receiving line with our parents and maybe the best man and maid of honor. I know going to other people's weddings its really awkward when you don't know people and you are walking up to greet them.
    My Bio
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    image 154 Invited
    image 47 Ready to Party
    image 7 Missing out
    image 100 Need to find the mailbox
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards