Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Cut my hair 2 months before my wedding?

I know that I shouldn's so close to my wedding but I want to get my hair cut really bad. My wedding is 10/10/09. I have long hair right now but I would love to cut my hair off to my chin or just below. I know this is a crazy thing to do but I really am dying to cut it. What do you think? I have looked at short hair styles and have found several that I like. I have not decided whether or not I want to wear a veil or not.

Re: Cut my hair 2 months before my wedding?

• I really want to cut my hair as well but am affraid that if I do it before the wedding, I may not like it.  So I am waiting.
  • I want to cut mine too, but I will be waiting until after the wedding.
  • Talk to the hairdresser you are using for your wedding and ask her what she thinks.  I cut mine a month before the wedding because she said it'd be fine for the style I wanted.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I would highly recommend not to do it. Going from long to short hair isn't a decision that should be made before a big occasion, especially you wedding. Chin-length is quite short and you may hate it... I think the style is cute (I have short hair myself) but it's a huge change for those used to long hair. Have you ever had your hair that style before? If so, and you know what it looks like on you already, that's a different story. If it's just that you're craving a hair cut... I would think long and hard!
  • 1. Have you cut your hair short before to know if you like it? If so, then if you want to do it, do it. If not, then wait. I've had short and really long hair. When I cut it short I feel fun and carefree and a little sassy, but when it's long (yes, it drags me down a bit when it's hot) but I feel womanly and sexy. It's your hair and your call, but unless you've gone short before it's kind of a shocker and you might want to wait.
  • I am getting married the same day and every day I fight the urge to cut my hair off.  I have a lot of hair and it is driving me nuts!! But only 70 more days till we can cut our hair.
  • I say go for it! I waited for four years to cut my hair short (I went from below the breast to cropped in one shot) and spent at least the first two months after cutting regretting ONLY that I WAITED so LONG! But yes, talk to your stylist first, especially if you've already discussed a style. You might also cruise some online photos for updos or fancy dos (short hair is harder to make go 'up') that celebs with the length hair you want have rocked in the past - if you can't find anything you like/think will go with your dress/veil, then do reconsider waiting. Welcome (prematurely) to the short hair club! You're going to love the freedom :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards