Maryland-Baltimore
Options

ISO locations for small weddings

My mum is getting married next year and coming here from England to get married. She wants to get married in my backyard but being in June or July I don't think having the whole thing here is a good idea. My yard isn't even pretty :-) Can anyone recommend a venue that would be good for a small wedding? We are only looking at 50 people   Thanks in advance Eve

Re: ISO locations for small weddings

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My venue would be perfect for a small wedding-- it only fits 110 people max. Our wedding is going to be approx. 80. It's the Historic Savage Mill Manor-- PIB and at www.puttingontheritz.comHTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married on the deck on the top (private) floor of the Rusty Scupper Restaurant, which has the best views of the harbor in Baltimore, and the room is surrounded by windows with the same great water view. It holds up to 75 people, I think.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My venue would also be great for a small wedding. The Cloisters Castle in Lutherville, MD.Also, Overhills Mansion in Catonsville, MD is a popular venue that can accomodate a smallish group.

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w -- BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w -- BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d -- BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    BabyFruit Ticker

Decorate This
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married at Liriodendron in Bel Air, it holds up to 100, I believe, but it's perfect for a smaller group. We're having about 45.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Admiral Fell Inn in Fells Point. It is absolutely gorgeous, and I was crushed that our wedding guest list is a little less than twice the size of the capacity there. The main Admiral Ballroom holds 120 max with a dance floor/room for a band. There is another room called the Captains Room which could be used for cocktail hour (along with the bridge) that holds 40 seated so I'm sure with cocktail tables it would be like 80. I absolutely loved everything about the Admiral Fell. I wish we could have cut the guest list to have our wedding there. They are wonderful to work with (at least from all the times we've met with them). I have heard- from other Baltimore vendors we looked at!- that their chef is phenomenal. And I actually got to taste the food when we went to their free wedding giveaway in July... food was absolutely delicious. They are run by Harbor Magic Weddings... and to top it all off, the Inn has 80 rooms which are all adorable, and the bridal suite is 2 levels (though small). I was absolutely in love with that place... still considering it for our RD.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Miss ... Mrs.
  • Options
    shannondabshannondab member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Boordy Vineyards has a really cool wine cellar and you can get married on the grounds.  I believe they can seat 45-50 and standing is 75.  It's really a beautiful place and the ceremony can take place on the grounds.  Good Luck finding a spot
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    http://www.blackankle.com/Black Ankle winery is beautiful! A friend attended a wedding there last month and said everything was awesome!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If I were doing a small outdoor wedding I use this place. It's in fredrick and it seems perfect.http://secludedsecretgardenoasis.blogspot.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards