Florida-South Florida
Options

How many gifts?

My best friend is getting married Sept 5th in Portland (yay so excited). My question is what gift do I give her?I wasn't able to attend her bridal shower bc it was in NJ, but I sent her something off of her registry. What do I do now? Send another registry gift? A check, if so how much?I'm not really aware of how it works at this point. FYI I am in the bridal party. TIA!
Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: How many gifts?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    emailing ya know
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oops I meant emailing ya NOW lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    JillianLLJillianLL member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks love, ygmb!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think if you got her something for the shower then you can get her something else for the wedding. It can be from the registry or it can be something special that you think she and her FI would like... you could even give Cash although for a close friend it's kind of impersonal.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My gift rule of thumb that I have followed for the past couple of years. I created this solely for myself. lol.1 - I give an engagement gift (registry) (something small..$25-$50)2 - I give a bridal shower gift (registry) (something medium..$50-$100)3 - I give a check for the wedding.I have always done this and it works great. As for the amount of the check, it depends on the friends. Example - I was just in my best friend's wedding MOH & I gave her a good amount but not HUGE . I spent a lot of money for the wedding AND the bachlorette party, etc etc so I thought that was good. She did tell me that some people gave a check plus a small gift which I may add to what I Do ;) Although to be honest my mom thinks that's weird.  haha
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBabyName Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls! I had no clue what I was supposed to do. She's been my best friend since we were 15 so I really want to do something personal. I might get her something off her registry that she can really use in her house and think of us when she does.
  • Options
    citytoshore09citytoshore09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Matt's best man gave us the sweetest gift - a framed copy of Matt's vows, as well as a check. We got a card from them at the wedding and a few weeks later we received the rest. It was so sweet, I cried! I definitely want to steal that idea for gifts in the future. Since you're traveling and you have all those bridal party expenses, I think it would impact the amount you'd give.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You know it's funny what you learn about weddings as you go to more of them and as you grow older.I gave my best friend in the world, some of her china for her wedding. Looking back, that was lame!I also got another one of my friends a microwave for her bridal shower. Sigh..........
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would really love to give her something sentimental. It would mean so much and we have been through so much together. Maybe I could totally jack Matt's friends idea and give her the framed vows...maybe I could do a double frame, one side vows, the other her invitation? Thanks girls!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oooh I bet she would love that! It's sentimental and a fabulous reminder of the wedding. And it makes for a beautiful home decoration. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thats exactly what I'm going for! Ok, guess whos going to Home Goods tonight?!? Thanks D!!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    love you jilly baby!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards