Maryland-Baltimore

cakes

My bosses son got married this past weekend and my boss brought in leftover cake from Sugarbakers for us to eat and OMG it was SO good!

Re: cakes

• MereFM99MereFM99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh yum, what flavors?  They were delicious at the tasting that we had, it was hard to pick!  I'm going to make my mom save several pieces in the refrigerator and hope that they're still good when we get back from the honeymoon!
  • edited December 2011
    Mere - Just have her freeze the slices and take it out the day before you come home :)
  • mmattoonmmattoon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    He only brought in one flavor but there was a lot of it in the kitchen this AM and it's gone now. Everyone loved it. Anyway, it was yellow cake with a raspberry filling and a whipped frosting. YUMMY.
  • edited December 2011
    That was the flavor from my shower cake- YUM :)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Think the freezer will work better for short-term?  I'll be really sad if the only cake I get to eat is the night of the reception!  I'll probably eat a lot the next day before we leave for the honeymoon just in case, lol.  Their raspberry filling is so good, I'm jealous :-)
  • edited December 2011
    Absolutely! We did it with my sisters wedding cake and it was fine! Also when i make cakes at home (and im definately not a professional! haha) i only put out half if its FI and another couple of a cake when we have a dinner party and freeze the other half so it doesnt go to waste. works like a charm. I will say the larger segments of cake the better. It seems to be more moist than if you had tiny little slivers frozen.
  • edited December 2011
    My shower was on a sunday, the cake was picked up on a saturday, and I was still eating it on sunday (HUGE CAKE) and it tasted 100% perfect still. Thats not counting the whole middle part that is in the freezer for long term
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awesome, thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards