Kentucky

Louisville Area Hair & Makeup

Hi Knotties!Does anyone know of any hair/makeup salons open for a Sunday afternoon wedding? I've called several and they are all closed on Sundays! I don't go to the same place everytime for my haircuts so I am at a loss.Should I just go to the mall and have Penny's do my hair and Macy's Clinique counter do my makeup? ( I did this for my mom's wedding 2 years ago and it looked great.)Is Craigslist a good place to look?Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks!

Re: Louisville Area Hair & Makeup

• edited December 2011
    Stay away from Craigslist - too many freaks out there.Call Allie Mascaro at Twisted - 896-0722.  She will come to you.Makeup, I recommend Bethany Tiseman - www.beautybybethany.comGood luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I lurve Bethany Tiesman for make-up! I know some of you think she is expensive but trust an old lady when I throw out the phrase "you get what you pay for". There is something..... unique... something "different" about the way Bethany does make-up. I can't put my finger on it, but I have compared several of the photos posted here on people's bios and I can definitely see the difference in what she does -  compared to others. The skin looks smooth and not streaky..... the eyes "pop"..... and the cheekbones are defined. Very glamorous and chic.
  • PoppPopp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ana Crane-Simpson will do both hair and makeup, but she's located in Lexington and will charge a travel fee.
  • edited December 2011
    Laura Conard at The Mane Salon will do hair and I believe that she has someone on her staff to do makeup.  Won't cost an arm and a leg and she comes to you.
  • edited December 2011
    I suggest Bethany too!  I love her work and use her for any event i have since she did my wedding 7 years ago...and every friend's wedding I have been in since.   She does airbrush makeup and is truly great!I also love Allie at Twisted and Keri at Lebliss Salon.  I know they both will come to you on a Sunday...or open the salon if needed.  I find it funny to spend tons of money of a great photographer and your dress and then say you don't want to spend 'an arm and a leg' on your makeup and hair.  That is a HUGE part of what you will see in your pictures for the REST OF YOUR LIFE!You get what you pay for so I would worry when looking for a Makeup Artist if they only have an ad on Craigslist...or a myspace page.  Again, don't you want them to be just as professional as your photographer, videographer, etc.?    I'm just sayin'. 
  • edited December 2011
    I think we forget sometimes too, that REAL pros invest a LOT of time and energy in learning their craft, continuing their education, investing in the best equipment (or make-up), and they actually make their living and support their families this way. They have licenses and carry insurance and they do this full time, so their skill level is at it's best. They spend money on REAL websites. And I could go on.. and on. But this is what separates the Craigslist wanna-be's, from the true pros. Which is why I always advocate finding a way to hire the true professionals.
  • Law033Law033 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Cheryl Bierbaum www.fdeleigh.com  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards