Getting in Shape
Options

Has anyone noticed your weight loss?

I remember when I first started losing weight it seemed like NO ONE noticed. Finally, 20 or so pounds in, someone in one of my classes noticed and I was so happy. It sucks working so hard and not having anyone notice!

I talked to my MOH about it at the time, and she pointed out that people that see you all the time don't really notice, because they see you everyday and you look the same as you did yesterday even if you don't look the same as three months ago. Makes sense.

She also said that even if she did notice, she would never say anything, because she doesn't think of her loved ones in terms of their appearance, like it would devalue them as a person for her to point something like that out.

Then over Thanksgiving, I saw one of my mom's friends I hadn't seen for a while, and she practically had to pick her jaw up off the floor fawning over me, saying things like "where'd the rest of you go?!" It was nice for someone to notice, but man I was uncomfortable since I've always been sensitive about my weight.

I was wondering what other people's experiences have been. Do people know you're dieting? Has anyone noticed/commented on your loss? How did you feel?
LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Has anyone noticed your weight loss?

• Options
    No one noticed.  Heck, I don't even see it.  It's happening.  I'm wearing smaller pants and the scale would have to be one sicko to lie for this long.

My H is probably the only one who has noticed and that's one part me shoving questions in his face and the other part is him being a sweetheart and probably just telling me what i want to hear.

I've ranted about this SO many times on my blog.  30 lbs is like the weight of 4 good sized newborns.  You would think that would be really obvious weight loss.  Guess not.
  • Options
    Quite a few people have noticed.  I guess, according to everyone, my face is the most noticeable. 
    I don't see it.  But like Anna said, it's happening and the scale and pant size don't lie.
  • Options
    People don't really notice. A few people noticed when I lost and they didn't see me over the summer. It's hard for me to notice. I rely on measuring to help me keep track of my progress.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I don't feel like I've lost enough for anyone to really notice. I also don't feel like i'm losing MAJOR inches quickly, it's more just like my pants feel a LOT looser in the butt area and my legs look slimmer to me.

I just keep telling myself that it doesn't matter, I'm doing this for ME and to be healthy.

(To be fair, I also lost 90lb a couple of years ago and I had people who didn't really notice/say anything till I'd lost over 70 lb because they did see me every day)
  • Options
    My mom usually notices when we take our dogs for a walk she will tell me that my butt looks smaller.  I carry most of my weight in my boobs (i am a D) and my butt.  I have a decent size bundunkadunk. 
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    My parents have noticed, and my fi notices because I brag whenever I hit a new weight-loss milestone.

No one else has, though, and it's frustrating because I go to Weight Watchers meetings, and it seems like everyone there says people notice as soon as they lose half a pound. gr.

I think what will be really noticable is seeing my engagement pictures next to my wedding pictures. Even if no one else sees it day to day, I'll be able to see it in the photos :)
    Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
    50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It also took me to hit the 20+lb mark for people to notice. I've been trying to take photos so that I can see the difference as well since I tend to be hard on myself in that area. Coworkers saw me at the office Christmas party mentioned it and told me how great I looked so that was really encouraging. I looked back at my engagement pics I took in July and I'm almost embarassed to send them out for my save the dates because there's such an obvious difference! I just try to draw from within for the motivation (although the compliments are nice) and not rely too strongly on anyone's words.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards