Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

Vendor Reviews

Dress: Terry’s Bridal, Norwood, MA: B- I LOVED my dress and Terry’s sold it for much cheaper than other bridal shop’s in Massachusetts (I called each one). The people there were nice but when my dress came in four months later than expected, they didn’t call to let me know and when I started calling every week, they didn’t seem to think it was a big deal and refused t call me when it came in. They insisted on snail mailing me the notification.   DJ: DJ Mike, Somerville, MA: A+ We loved Mike. He has a website, where you can choose all of your must plays and do not play songs. My husband and I hate the type of DJ’s that get on the dance floor and make it about them. Mike stuck to the music and made the announcements we wanted and that was perfect. People were dancing to the end.   Catering: Treat’s Catering, Dennis, MA: A+ Brad was super nice and had it all together. He pretty much thought of everything for us, which was very nice b/c we had the wedding in our backyard with no wedding coordinator. The food was wonderful. We had many compliments and the presentation was nice too. The staff was unbelievably nice. Two of them came down to the beach where we were having pictures taken to give us a taste of all the apps.   Photography: Agnieszka Wormus, A Brilliant Photo, Boston, MA: A+++ I absolutely loved Agnieszka. Before she even did our wedding, she was so responsive with emails. She will reply to you immediately if she is at her computer, which I feel is most of the time. She is so sweet. My best friend had a photographer that was really pushy and it really ruined the mood of the day. Agnieszka was the opposite of that. She made us both feel so comfortable, which is a hard thing to do because my husband and I are not used to being models :-) After the wedding, she had all of our pictures ready before we were even back from our honeymoon. The pictures are amazing!!!!! I can’t wait to use her again for pregnancy and baby photos. You can check out some of my photos on her websote: http://www.abrilliantphoto.com/blog/?p=630   Tux Rentals: Delux Tux, Walpole, Ma: C- I’m extremely angry with these people. We had 16 people renting tux’s and I was told twice by the woman there that we would get two for free since it was like having two wedding parties. Well the day comes and the owner made everyone pay, even when my husband called about it. They said that they never said anything about two free tux’s. There were so many other things to deal with at the time so we let it go. I’m still furious and don’t know what I’m going to about it. Bashing them on the knot feels good though.   Tent Rental: American Tent, Cape Cod B+ They were pretty easy to deal with and had reasonable prices. Everything we rented looked nice. They came to take everything back the morning after the wedding when we wanted to still be sleeping but we had to get everything off of the tables and pick up so they could pack it all up. Ugh!   Flowers: Stop and Shop, Falmouth: B+  They had great prices and the flowers were beautiful. I would definitely recommend them to anyone on a budget. They even delivered the flowers and balloons that day.   Shuttle: First Student, Falmouth: A  They were very easy to deal with. No complaints.   Hotel: Holiday Inn, Falmouth: F  This was the MOST frustrating part of planning my wedding. The people there must not communicate because my guests would call and try to make a reservation and would be told that there was no room. Then I would call to get a list of all of the guests staying there and they would tell me no one booked a room yet. They lied to me on several occasions. I basically had to make each of my guest’s reservations myself b/c they would be told there was no room if they called. They were the only hotel I could find that would do a one night minimum so I felt like I had to use them but I wish I didn’t. Then I heard the fire alarm went off at 3am after my wedding and everyone had to get up. That isn’t their fault but it added to my frustration.   Rehearsal Dinner: Sea Crest, No. Falmouth: B+  I had a great time here. The room was wonderful because it was all windows overlooking the ocean. The food was OK…not the best. We had sirloin and baked stuffed shrimp. I left around 10:30 to get my beauty rest but apparently the party went on and everyone was dancing in the bar area for a while.    

Re: Vendor Reviews

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the vendor reviews. I just wanted to say that I think I saw some of your pics on Agnieszka's blog. They are soooo beautiful. It looked like you had a wonderful day. Congratulations!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the reviews. Your photos are just STUNNING!! What a beautiful wedding you guys had! Congrats!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Your wedding looks like it was amazing and your pics are stunning! Thanks for sharing your reviews!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards