Catholic Weddings

Our little Gabriel

Hi,
I wanted to thank you all for your prayers over the past week, and give you a little update. My miscarriage was finally confirmed on Wednesday (medically... I knew it before, I knew it since the first ultrasound last Thursday). Everything is over now, I shouldn't have to have surgery (praise God) and hopefully the physical side of healing should go quickly, though the emotional will take longer... We named our baby Gabriel, since angels are neither male nor female and we won't find out if our baby is a boy or girl until we meet him in heaven, God-willing. And Gabriel because he would have been born in late March, around the feast of the Annunciation.We buried our little one in the woods in DHs parents' backyard yesterday evening, just DH and me.

Thanks again for your prayers, send a few more up for us over the next few weeks if you think of it.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Little Gabriel: BFP 7/12/11~EDD 3/21/12, miscarried 8/24/11 at 10w

Re: Our little Gabriel

• edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry.  Lots of love and prayers coming your way.
    Anniversary

• mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, KatieAnne, I am so sorry about your and your husband's loss. I am saying a prayer for your family right now.
  • ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I'll keep you all in my thoughts & prayers. Gabriel is a beautiful name.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Riss91Riss91 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I am so so sorry. I'll be praying for you all. Gabriel is a beautiful name.
  • HandBananaHandBanana member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry for your loss.  Sending you and H prayers.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • caitriona87caitriona87 member
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry to hear this. Praying for you & your husband.

My first baby died in December (you may have known already) but feel free to PM me if you ever wanted to talk or vent.

As hard as it is we find some comfort in knowing that our family has a little saint in heaven now, praying for us all our lives; your baby will be doing the same for you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Oh, Katie. I am so sorry to hear that. I don't think I even remember you being pregnant. I will be praying for you and your DH.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm really sorry to hear this. I will continue to pray for you and H and Gabriel. :::hugs from MI to PA:::
  • ootmother2ootmother2 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry for your loss  (hugs)

(I think I missed an earlier post about this)
  • Hope61Hope61 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone--it really means a lot to me to have your prayers and support.

I had made a post when we first found out about the miscarriage--otherwise I hadn't mentioned the pregnancy (was waiting until after the first appointment). --for those who were wondering.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Little Gabriel: BFP 7/12/11~EDD 3/21/12, miscarried 8/24/11 at 10w
  • edited December 2011
    I'm sorry to hear, I can't imagine what your going through but thoughts and prayers are definitely going your way. :-)
    Anniversary PersonalMilestone
  • catarntinacatarntina member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So sorry for your loss Katie.

I hope you and DH will be able to have a little miracle again soon.  Prayers to you and your husband.
    ---------
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • doctabroccolidoctabroccoli member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry, KatieAnne.  I have no doubt little Gabriel is watching over you :).
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Waiting to meet the baby broccoli on 5/5/2013!
  • newlyseliskinewlyseliski member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    :(  We'll also say a prayer for you and your husband tonight!!  Gabriel was a wonderful choice of name and may he/she be in the company of angels and saints.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not sure how I missed this before.  I am so sorry for your loss of little Gabriel, and my prayers are with you and your family.
  • ootmother2ootmother2 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    My first m/c hurt terribly!  I cried for weeks and then it dawned on me that I had my own personal angel looking out for me.  Next was an ectopic, much harder physically but probably easier emotionally.  In that case, both of us would have died without medical interference.

So I have to keep telling myself that I have two angels watching out for me.

It doesn't really help when your emotions are still raw but it will eventually, I promise
  • edited December 2011
    What a lovely name.  May Gabriel watch over the two of you until you meet again.
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear. Prayers to you and Gabriel
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry for your loss. 

• KamakananiKamakanani member
    edited December 2011
    So sorry to hear of your loss, Katie.  FI and I will be praying for you and your DH, as well as little Gabriel.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

One thing to remember: The wedding is just one day. The marriage is all the rest of them.

April 2012 Siggy Challenge: Cake Inspiration
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • chelseamb11chelseamb11 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I am so sorry to hear that this was the end result :(  I can't imagine how difficult this is, especially so early in your marriage.  Gabriel was a beautiful name though!  I pray you and your husband may have the strength to get through this.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards