Oregon
Options

Horning's Hideout?

Hi everyone.I am continuing my qwest for beautiful outdoor venue on a major budget.I posted earlier about Mazama Lodge.  I made the drive up to near Mt Hood and was a bit disappointed because apparently every staff member just quit. . . the day before a wedding that was scheduled a couple of weekends ago.  At this point there is just interim staff, and I just didn't feel comfortable with it.However, I have been turned onto Hornings Hideout in North Plains.  http://www.horningshideout.com/    Looks like a very low key place that has beautiful outdoor options for a reasonable price.  Anyone know anything about this place?  I know they have big concerts in the summer with campouts and such. . . but anyone know of any weddings here?Thanks!Karen

Re: Horning's Hideout?

• Options
    Mrs.FelicityMrs.Felicity member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My company has had summer picnics there a few times, it's a pretty location.  It's a big area, I don't know if they schedule multiple events on the same day, that might be one question to ask.  It's definitely worth a visit!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We went fishing out there with my little cousins last summer. I must not have seen the event space when we were there. My only thought was that the place was dumpy and nasty. Might be worth the drive out to see it. The part we were at was the pond which was nestled next to a run down house with all kids of weird lawn art and what seemed to be junk. Sorry for the negative report :(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My fiance and I were actually going to have our wedding there. We decided against it because I didn't want to have my dress being drug along the dirt on the ground. It's very beautiful where they schedule the weddings to take place. It's definately worth taking a look at to see if it's your taste or not. The owners run it and are very nice. Good Luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used to go horseback riding there when I was a Girl Scout many many moons ago (they don't offer horseback riding anymore).  It's a really pretty property.
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, that reminds me!  If you're considering something like Hornings Hideout, you might also want to check out the Flying M Ranch: [url]<a href="http://www.flying-m-ranch.com" rel='nofollow'>www.flying-m-ranch.com</a>[/url]
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for all of the helpful replies!I received a very informative and helpful emails from the owner, I definitely think it is worth a visit and te price is certainly right.  I am going for rustic and it seems like the ceremony sites will be nice (I am most interested in the creekside setting).  Ceremony/reception/tables/linens/tents is $1500 for a summer weekend wedding for the entire day.Thanks again!Karen
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards