Maine

Seacoast Venue

My fiance and I just got engaged on Saturday in Ogunquit, Maine.  We are very excited, needless to say!  We are looking for a wedding venue for reception and ceremony all in one that is outside near the ocean and more of a DIY location.  We are ok with getting the tent company organized and doing all the details ourselves.  We want a small wedding of only about 50 guests and 2 attendants per bride/groom.  We want to keep it really low-key; while keeping our budget in mind.  We don't want to pay a package price from an all in one location as they tend to be outrageously expensive.  Does anyone have any suggestions for Seacoast locations?

Thanks!

Re: Seacoast Venue

• edited December 2011
    My fiance and I just got engaged on Saturday in Ogunquit, Maine.  We are very excited, needless to say!  We are looking for a wedding venue for reception and ceremony all in one that is outside near the ocean and more of a DIY location.  We are ok with getting the tent company organized and doing all the details ourselves.  We want a small wedding of only about 50 guests and 2 attendants per bride/groom.  We want to keep it really low-key; while keeping our budget in mind.  We don't want to pay a package price from an all in one location as they tend to be outrageously expensive.  Does anyone have any suggestions for Seacoast locations?

Thanks!

• trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is an international board and so we can't help with specifics like this.  You're better off asking this on a local ME board because they know the area better than someone in Spokane does.  =)

Links to local wedding boards are on your left.  GL

Congrats and best wishes to you and your FI.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations! Are you looking to have the wedding in or near Ogunquit? There are a couple inns in Phippsburg and Harpswell that are really pretty, right on the water and would be a good size for a smaller wedding: the Stonehouse Manor in Phippsburg and the Driftwood Inn in Harpswell. (both names are clicky).

I would warn you, though: renting a tent and all the stuff to go with it can be really expensive. In the end, it might not save you any money than if you went with a full-service facility.

Good luck!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Check out the amphatheater in Camden ME.  It has views of the ocean and looks like a blank slate for DIY.
  • edited December 2011
    Check out the Biddeford Saco Country Club- It's an intimate location located near the beach. It holds I believe 125 people comfortably which was too small for my FI and I but sounds like it might work for you! It's really pretty too, it overlooks a golf course and as I remember a lot was included in the price which wasn't too expensive. Good luck! 
  • ivyrose13ivyrose13 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Fort Popham, the venue itself is free and a gorgeous backdrop... ocean and lighthouses on three sides :D I'm having my reception in Bath, but there is plenty of room at the fort for you to set up a tent  at Fort Popham. The best part is since it's a state park, it's FREE! :D
    The truth behind a well laced dress
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the Driftwood Inn June 2012. Thank you for the info!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards