Maine

Seacoast Venue

My fiance and I just got engaged on Saturday in Ogunquit, Maine.  We are very excited, needless to say!  We are looking for a wedding venue for reception and ceremony all in one that is outside near the ocean and more of a DIY location.  We are ok with getting the tent company organized and doing all the details ourselves.  We want a small wedding of only about 50 guests and 2 attendants per bride/groom.  We want to keep it really low-key; while keeping our budget in mind.  We don't want to pay a package price from an all in one location as they tend to be outrageously expensive.  Does anyone have any suggestions for Seacoast locations?

Thanks!

Re: Seacoast Venue

• edited December 2011
    My fiance and I just got engaged on Saturday in Ogunquit, Maine.  We are very excited, needless to say!  We are looking for a wedding venue for reception and ceremony all in one that is outside near the ocean and more of a DIY location.  We are ok with getting the tent company organized and doing all the details ourselves.  We want a small wedding of only about 50 guests and 2 attendants per bride/groom.  We want to keep it really low-key; while keeping our budget in mind.  We don't want to pay a package price from an all in one location as they tend to be outrageously expensive.  Does anyone have any suggestions for Seacoast locations?

Thanks!

• trix1223trix1223 member
    5000 Comments 25 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    This is an international board and so we can't help with specifics like this.  You're better off asking this on a local ME board because they know the area better than someone in Spokane does.  =)

Links to local wedding boards are on your left.  GL

Congrats and best wishes to you and your FI.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations! Are you looking to have the wedding in or near Ogunquit? There are a couple inns in Phippsburg and Harpswell that are really pretty, right on the water and would be a good size for a smaller wedding: the Stonehouse Manor in Phippsburg and the Driftwood Inn in Harpswell. (both names are clicky).

I would warn you, though: renting a tent and all the stuff to go with it can be really expensive. In the end, it might not save you any money than if you went with a full-service facility.

Good luck!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Check out the amphatheater in Camden ME.  It has views of the ocean and looks like a blank slate for DIY.
  • edited December 2011
    Check out the Biddeford Saco Country Club- It's an intimate location located near the beach. It holds I believe 125 people comfortably which was too small for my FI and I but sounds like it might work for you! It's really pretty too, it overlooks a golf course and as I remember a lot was included in the price which wasn't too expensive. Good luck! 
  • ivyrose13ivyrose13 member
    1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Fort Popham, the venue itself is free and a gorgeous backdrop... ocean and lighthouses on three sides :D I'm having my reception in Bath, but there is plenty of room at the fort for you to set up a tent  at Fort Popham. The best part is since it's a state park, it's FREE! :D
    The truth behind a well laced dress
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the Driftwood Inn June 2012. Thank you for the info!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards