Kentucky

Reception Venues

My fiance and I are getting married Oct. 30, 2010.  We're trying to find an inexpensive place in louisville for our reception. Our plan is to have a masquerade ball incorporating a little of Halloween along with our wedding colors. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Re: Reception Venues

• edited December 2011
    Another thought is River Bend Winery. I had booked it but cancelled the booking since it's not large enough. They have a room above the winery that is painted fall colors and has a casual feel. Check out www.riverbendwine.com for pictures. The food is DELISH with their private chef on site. Cheap rental! Worth checking into.
  • edited December 2011
    Mellwood would be a great reception place, it was actually my first choice but they were already booked.  We are having our reception at the new Sawyer Haynes Community Center at EP and because we booked it well before it was completed we're getting it for a steal.  I know they now are charging for tables/chairs, linens, kitchen usage, dance floor, etc however it is nice being able to bring in your own caterer and alcohol (you can do the same at Mellwood).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards