Second Weddings

need some advice please

hi everyone! i am in need of alittle advice. my husband and i have currently been married for over a year. i am converting religions and of course we have to have our marriage convalidated in the church prior to me being able to fully convert. they consider this our catholic wedding. there will be a ceremony. lots of our family and friends want to be there to support us. we will be having a reception to follow it. would it be ok to wear a wedding dress again? it is ok to have our wedding party up there with us if there are volunteering to be part of it again anyway? we are really unsure about how to plan this. any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Re: need some advice please

• edited December 2011
    In my opinion- if what you have heard from family and friends is that they WANT to be there and that your wedding party WANTS to participate- you are indeed lucky, and I see no reason not to invite their participation.  As long as you don't expect to demand anyone's attendance, participation or especially excitement or generosity, this sounds like a perfect reason (although one I had not previously considered) for a vow renewal.  Which is what it is.  Wear the dress.  Heck- consider yourself lucky that you get two events out of it.  ~Donna
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with Donna! Rock that dress one more time! Why not! If people are all in enjoy it! For the church you still aren't married so you might as well do it up and have fun with it!
  • W.E.DW.E.D member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thank you so much for the advice! we really appreciate it. my husband and i were reading through the responses and we agree with all of you. im totally going to wear the dress again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards