Iowa-Des Moines

Dress Shopping

Today was my first dress shopping experience - and boy was I surprised - first by how much energy it takes just to try on dresses all day lol And just how tightly those girls can cinch up those corsets lol There were a few times I thought if I took a deep breath I'd burst the dress :) I was also surprised by what I liked. I never really thought of a sweetheart neckline but with my bust size it looks really good. And I feel in love with a goldish/champagne'ish color for a wedding dress which I had never even considered before. I'm trying to decide between two dresses and to see if I can find a third dress that maybe combines what I love about the other two into one :) And i learned I have cheap style - all the dresses I like were way low on our price range so that mad me happy :)

Re: Dress Shopping

• MrsEmJayMrsEmJay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Totally agree. Things that I liked on the hanger I hated on me, and things that were on the hanger that I crinkled my nose at I ended up really liking. Thats why they say to try on LOTS of dresses. Oh and, yes lots of work trying those dresses on... I was sweating most of the time! ha! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Sounds like you had alot of fun!!  This was one of my favorite parts of planning...Good luck finding the right one!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards