Iowa-Des Moines
Options

More checks! And upcoming Showers!

With less then 60 days left it is all seeming so real!  I've got more stuff done over the past five days!  Cream cheese mints for the shower are made (I helped only b/c I wanted to, I love love love cream cheese mints!)Candles for the reception are purchasedAll the groomsmen and ushers are measuredI've had my hair trial, so I know what I want for the big dayand I've mocked up my programs...so now I have to get them approved by our priestMy first shower is this Friday, a couples shower thrown by my FI's friends and then this Sunday is my shower thrown by my sisters for my Mom's side and my Dad's sideSo lots of fun socializing this weekend, I'm super excited to see everyone!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: More checks! And upcoming Showers!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    How fun! You will be so exhausted by Sun night~ just from the socializing and go, go, go :). Have a great weekend. I would love to have the mint recipe. How far in advance can you make them?
  • Options
    jobiannjobiann member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The cream cheese mints are kind of an art form. They are super easy but you do have to get the feel for it. You can freeze them for months in advanced and as long as they were sealed properly they can be thawed out and taste just as amazing as they did when they were first made. 1 bag of confectioners' sugar 1 block of cream cheese (softened) mint extract (to taste, start with 1/2 tsp. and increase) food coloring of your liking Mix softened cream cheese and 1/2 bag of sugar. Then add rest of bag of sugar. "Dough" should be dry, not sticky. May need to add more then the bag of powdered sugar. Add mint flavor and coloring. It is better to add too little and have to go back and add more then to add too much, you can't take it out once its in! Do not plan to make a dark colored mint, that will take too much coloring and will taste funny. Mix well or you will end up with marbled mints (which actually looks kinda cool). It is important that the dough is not tacky, it has to come out of the mint molds! It will be stiff, I recommend kneading it with your hands. You'll give your muscles a work out! Knead until smooth. Make tiny balls (play around with this size, you'll have to figure out how big of balls you'll need for the size of mint mold you have, you shouldn't use too much that the mint mixture hangs out of the mold), roll cream cheese mint balls very well in regular sugar and press into molds to form, I recommend dusting the molds first with regular sugar so they pop out of the mold easier (I have the rubber mint molds, don't use hard plastic ones.) Remove from forms. Place on waxed paper. Leave out on the counter for an hour or two to harden a bit. Store in covered air-tight container, I repeat, air-tight container (if you don't you'll be sorry because your pretty little mints will taste like everything in the fridge/freezer. I do recommend keeping them in the fridge or freezer, to thaw just set out on the counter. There is cream cheese in them so leaving them out at room temperature for a long period of time is not recommended. These keep a long time, and freeze very well. I know it sounds kinda hard, but they are easy once you've had practice. Practic make them for someone's birthday or a picnic or take treats to work...by the second time you make them you'll have the hang of it and be a pro! Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the recipe! Yum! I think they will be fun to make for my friends bachelorette party... So the test run will be for work! Again, have a great weekend.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WOW you got alot done!!  Good for you!!!  Have fun at your showers!!  And thanks for sharing the recipe ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards