South Asian Weddings
Options

D2M

Welcome back!  we missed you  :)  How was the honeymoon??

Re: D2M

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, Katie!  It was awesome.  We stayed on the French side of St. Martin in a really beautiful hotel overlooking the Caribbean and we basically spent the entire time lounging on the beach, lounging at the pool, drinking wine, drinking rum punch and stuffing our face with awesome French and Creole food (we ate everything from escargot to spicy bbq ribs and mac and cheese).  We had to be rolled onto the plane on the way home.  Are you guys going on honeymoon right away?  If so, where?  And oh my gosh, your wedding is getting so close!
  • Options
    katie978katie978 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ooh sounds perfect!!  As for us, I wish I knew!  Its a surprise, FI is planning.  I'll have to tell him about yours in case he hasn't picked yet!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, I'm impressed about the surprise!  My husband picked our location and hotel, but I did the legwork with booking things, etc. (I'm a tad controlling, ahem, organized... plus he's in law school so he has zero free time).  Looking forward to hearing about your plans! 
  • Options
    katie978katie978 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a "tad" controlling too ... I do a lot of deep breathing  :)  Luckily he planned an incredible surprise abroad trip early in our relationship so I have faith in him (most of the time ;) )ugh, law school, hope you're not dragged to too many bar reviews with painful not funny 'adverse possession' jokes being told.  ha ha  we always thought law school was worse for our SOs than us!  (I went to AU)  If he's ever looking to clerk or intern, I work at a small civil rights firm and we're always looking for people
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, awesome, thanks for looking out for Mr. D2M!  I'll pass that along to him.  He's doing early interviews this coming weekend so we'll see how the ol job situation comes along... It's a crappy economy but I think he's a good candidate (in my unbiased opinion, of course). 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    P.S. Once your weddings are over, we should try to organize a DC SA lady get together!
  • Options
    katie978katie978 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    absolutely!  Or I'm fully willing to be laughed at by you old married ladies for my silly pre-wedding stress now that you're totally over it  :)  WDC & I almost got together while you were gone, so we'll have to arrange a date when she's back from honeymooning.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like a plan! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards