Kentucky

Duncan Memorial Chapel

My grandma told me about this wedding chapel in Crestwood. Does anyone have any information or opinions about this chapel? Esp. the cost, I saw somewhere that it was pretty reasonable.

Re: Duncan Memorial Chapel

• Tuneful_BrideTuneful_Bride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Very pretty, limited on time and space. Better for smaller weddings. Fairly inexpensive as venues go. Definitely worth a look.
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with Tuneful. My only words of wisdom would be that you book two time slots. If you don't, it can be a real pain.
  • edited December 2011
    It is a beautiful space but I agree, if you can book 2 time slots you will feel musch more at ease. My sis was the MOH at a wedding there a few weeks ago and said it was TOTALLY rushed. Best for small weddings.
  • edited December 2011
    6 months ago when I looked at it, it was $200 bucks. They book up really quickly and the shove as many weddings as they can in a day. Plus its in a cemetary.
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • edited December 2011
    It's an old church..most older churches around here have cemetaries. Plus, don't you think most churches have done funerals in the same place you're going to be standing at when saying your vows??
  • millieandsheamillieandshea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it's small but sooo pretty!
  • edited December 2011
    It is a very beautiful chapel, but kind of a wedding machine. I think the price is around $200, but you get a 2 hour time slot and that's it. 2 hours to decorate, guests seated, ceremony, and pictures. I have not had a wedding there but some friends have and they said they felt incredibly rushed. I tried calling out there to have my wedding since it is so small (just my FI, myself, his daughter and our two best friends) and 2 hours would be just fine, but I could never get anyone on the phone. Oh well. If you want to have it there I would do what the others have recommended and get 2 time slots, that way you won't feel so rushed.
  • edited December 2011
    It's definitely worth looking at if you're having a small ceremony.  It's very pretty inside but I also agree about getting 2 time slots instead of just one. 
  • MrsWilliams2BMrsWilliams2B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi! DH and I had our ceremony there, back in September of 07. We had our two hour time slot...which is NOT a lot of time. I did feel rushed, but I think it's because I had no idea what time it was, and everyone was rushing me around. I think the church is beautiful, doesn't need much decoration unless you want pew bows, or an alter arrangement. The lighting is a bit tricky for photos. It IS in a cemetery, but there is an awesome pond that makes for great pic opportunities.I enjoyed it, I loved the character of the chapel. I am also one of those people who go into cemeteries just to look around. Good luck in your search for a location.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards