Utah

Wedding Question

Hi! I'm ususally over on the Nest "What's Cooking?" board and they suggested I stick this one in the KNOT universe...I didn't even think of it... I am having a dilemma...the location for the ceremony. We are having the reception at a local brewery/restaurant (Squatter's), the problem is I don't know where to have the ceremony. Neither of us are reiligious so it won't be at a church, its in March so that really limits the outdoor ideas (which really cuts down on choices), and I feel odd about saying I got married at a restaurant, is that weird? The last time I did this, we booked a reception site so the ceremony was just outside in the garden. Any ideas?? Thanks ladies! This is the only part of the wedding that I'm having serious anxiety about.

Re: Wedding Question

• edited December 2011
    I'm sorry but I'm at a loss. There are plenty of parks but getting married in March makes that difficult. Maybe check around at the U, see if there's a banquet room available for cheap? Good luck, sorry I'm not much help.
  • mikosan1116mikosan1116 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think it's weird to get married in a restaurant if that fits your style as a couple. That said, there are places you can have the ceremony if you're not comfortable with that. Have you looked into ceremony-only options at places close to Squatters? The 23rd Floor, Memorial House in Memory Grove, the greenhouse at Cactus & Tropicals? Good luck!
  • cutiegirl147cutiegirl147 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know that they do weddings at Rice Eccles Stadium up at the U. It could be a little pricey, but the view can't be beat! It could be less for just the ceremony though, and it probably depends on how many people you want there as well. I've seen some pictures and they're absolutely gorgeous! You can get an idea of pricing and services from their site http://www.stadium.utah.edu/ One idea is to look into just renting a room for a "special event" if its going to be small rather than booking as wedding because sometimes prices run up around the word "wedding" But also I say there's nothing wrong with getting married in a restaurant if that's what you want! There are plenty of companies who provide awesom decoration services so you could completely transform the place to look however you want, especially if you have a private room or something. Its your wedding, do it however you want!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • MrsOpieMrsOpie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The little white chapel by the capitol building and The Post Chapel in Fort Douglas.  Pierpont Place might be an option as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards