South Asian Weddings
Options

I'm getting married on Sunday!

I'm getting married on Sunday - I can hardly believe it! Especially because I'm caught up in the last minute stuff - like people flaking out now! I know some of them have legitimate excuses, but still, it really sucks - especially as we are stuck paying our guaranteed minimum of 200 adults when we only have 170 adults. Blergh. At least this board has reassured me that after the wedding none of this stuff will even matter! Really looking forward to that :)

Re: I'm getting married on Sunday!

• Options
    katie978katie978 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    that's too bad  :(  I'm definitely expecting last minute drop-outs ... annoying but things always seem to come up.Glad you're feeling well overall!  Can't wait to hear about it!!Definitely interested to hear what all you're doing during this last week ... I'm wondering what the right amount is (but totally understand if you're too busy doing it!  :)  )
  • Options
    Meghana55Meghana55 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is a light at the end of the tunnel...i promise! Unfortunately, last minute cancellations are to be expected, especially from a SA crowd.  We had a few last minute cancellations due to family emergencies.   I know it may be a little late, but could you tell some of your friends or cousins that you wouldn't mind them bringing a date/friend...basically anyone who wouldn't be offended by a last minute invite.  If not, in the end it doesn't even matter.  You're going to have a great day and at the end of it all you can finally snap back into reality!  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Enjoy the next few days and, of course, enjoy your wedding!
  • Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good luck! I'm sure it'll be great despite all of that!
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone :) katie, I think this week has mostly been busy checking up on all the details, last minute follow-ups, preparing all the stuff that needs to go to the hall...some times it feels like there's nothing left to do and other times I feel like my head's going to spin off! Only a few more days though :)
  • Options
    SmithaandMikeSmithaandMike member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't worry knowing SA's they will invite people you didn't even know were coming or that you don't even know! That way you will def. make your min!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards