Canada

ocotber brides

So come monday i will be 2 months away from the wedding (Oct.17) and i was just wondering who else is getting married in october and if your getting excited? nervous? more stressed? Me im getting excited, im trying not to stress out but i like doing everything myself so im having trouble handing out jobs so the stress is building but it hasnt taken over the excitment. Also just wondering what you have left to do, i still have to get my decorations and make the favours (making cookies ^_^), get the gifts and do the hair test and makeup test, i know theres more but i cant think of it lol

Re: ocotber brides

• edited December 2011
    I'm getting married Oct 10.  And I've started to get more nervous ever since I saw the 2 month mark in my wedding ticker... Somehow I am starting to worry about little things.  But I'm very excited as well. The wedding it's pretty much all I can think about these days.I still have to finish the menus, drink menus and programs, schedule my hair and make-up trials, go to two more dress fittings, write our vows, book our rehearsal dinner venue and put together information binders for the wedding party and our wedding coordinator....   I'm sure there's more I'm missing, but I'll stop writting or I'll stress even more... LOLWhere is your wedding?  Mine is downtown Toronto.  I'm hoping the weather cooperates, but since we're having a lousy summer, I kind of hope the fall will be nice.
  • edited December 2011
    October 3 and yup, excited then stressed in turns. I haven't even started my fittings (they only need to take the bust in a little). I still need to do programs and OOT bags. Rent my speakers, have the planning meeting with the minister (what readings etc), argue with my mother about me staying with my FI the night before the wedding (she thinks it's 'bad'), and find wedding night lingerie. But I FINALLY found a pair of shoes two days ago, I've started getting RSVP's back, and all my bridesmaid dresses are in. I'm kinda at the point where I am sick of planning and just want to get married already. Nothing that is left is a "must-have" so I could happily get married tomorrow.
  • sillynutsillynut member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im excited to get married Oct 16th and cant wait til this planning stuff is done :) Im tired of the planning, Im not stressed really at all, just getting excited even more so now that replys are coming in.,and trying to cross things off my to do list as fast as I can. Im pretty organized, got my registry done, bought honeymoon clothes, day of undergarments, most decorations are made, invites are out & starting to get replys back as well,cake topper is done.I need to get jewelery, do hair & make up trials, my first fitting is Tues for my dress, buy a few more pieces of lingerie, find a veil and hairpiece, book rehersal dinner, I have an idea but havent confirmed yet, buy lights for head table, get a marriage license and book my honeymoon which will be done in the next week. oh and also I need to buy bridal attend. gifts as well.then all the last minute stuff to do, seating chart, print place cards, menus, get give aways together, prepare speeches, give venue head count, final payments on everything
  • Shana28Shana28 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married Oct 3...and I'm soo completely excited....everything I get accomplished makes me realize even more how close we are!I'm down to the small stuff to get done...the one big thing that isn't done is my dress has still not come in.  But I'm not stressed...I know it will get here soon.  And I'm not completely set on the shoes I bought, I'm so picky!  Bridesmaid dresses are in though!  Getting marriage license on friday, just ordered rings.  Still have to buy centerpieces, guest book/frame.  The one thing that is stressing me out a bit is how different each vendor is for when they want the balance paid!  Everyone is different..a month before, a week before, day of...confusing!Still have to book honeymoon, but I won't hold my breath...FI's job is to book that, the only thing he has to do! I also still have no idea what I'm getting for gifts.  Now that I look at my post...I still have a lot to get done!Goodluck to everyone!
  • Witchys_WomanWitchys_Woman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ha, well we're getting married on October 31st (woot Halloween) I need to get something to wear *LOL* I am not wearing a wedding gown because a) I don't want to pay for a dress i'll never wear again, b) We're having a surprise ceremony / Halloween party and I don't want everyone to know it as soon as they come in the door and c) white is not my color *LOL* We need to finalize our menu and or decorations. We also need to make sure that everyone comes to our Halloween party. It was never an issue before but now that a few of our friends have kids it's getting harder and harder for us all to get together.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I'm Oct. 17th as well and I still have a tonne of things to do: send out invitations (they're being printed this week), order rings, hair and makeup test, do second tasting and finalize menu, register, buy shoes, have my fittings, etc., etc. It's starting to really stress me out but hopefully I'll get a lot done this week.
  • edited December 2011
    I am October 3rd and I am just a mixed bag of stress and excitement. I am stressing over the money factor because we are cutting it closer than makes me comfortable, but we searched high and low for hte lowest cost and high quality. We have not splurged on anything, except flowers (and that was SO worth it) and did everything we could ourselves. I say this mostly to calm my own nerves. I am so freaking excited about the big day. My dress is awesome, my hubby to be will look fab in his kilt, and to top it all off the after party will be "Nuit Blache." I coudl not ask for a better night to have my reception right at King and Yonge. YAY OCTOBER BRIDES!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards