New York-Upstate
Options

Thinking about hiring Day Of helper! LG area!

I am getting married in Lake George in Oct 2010.  I think I would like someone, prob a coordinator/planner, to make sure everything runs smoothly that day.  Are you a planner? Do you know one? Any and all suggestions...Thanks!!

Re: Thinking about hiring Day Of helper! LG area!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Jennah, I highly recommend, and have hired Debbie McNairy from Lake George. We just wanted a "weekend of" person, and her proposal to us totally fit our needs (and budget). She has already helped us plan visits to meet our vendors (in December, when I can next be in LG) as well as plans to help with a number of things during the weekend of our wedding (evrything from set up/clean up to vendor timing to helping us with picking up stuff for our sunday brunch the next day!) Feel free to contact her (she is great at getting back on the phone OR email) and let her know that I sent you, if you dont mind. Her email is: debbie.mcnairy@yahoo.com www.debbiemcnairy.com I think she's wonderful. Lynnie
    http://www.mywedding.com/lynnieandandy
    october '10 siggy: Early Pic of me and FI (not the first.....)
    imageVisit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Lynnie!! you are so helpful!! Would you mind giving me a ballpark price range?Thanks!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jennah, Im pretty sure that she creates each package individually, and so the price she has given us may be different than what she offers you depending on what you hope she might do. For us, it was everything from coordinating our site visits and vendor meetings (this year) to following up, organizing and helping with setup the from the thursday before our wedding (we have some event planned starting friday) though the wedding day itself, and a brunch the next day (for which she is going to pick up food and deliver it to the brunch location and help us set up, etc). I her proposal was $580.00 for all of that, and we thought it was a great deal, especially since we are planning from very far away.
    http://www.mywedding.com/lynnieandandy
    october '10 siggy: Early Pic of me and FI (not the first.....)
    imageVisit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That is very reasonable!! I would need maybe slightly less than that, because almost all my vendors are taken care of! This sounds like a great idea. Thanks a bunch!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hi jennah! we are using a wedding planner and she has been a life saver! i really don't know how we could've done all of this without her. we have her for the whole thing but i know she does just the day, too. it's shannon and she owns wedding planning plus. definitely check her out!! shannon@weddingplanningplus.net
  • Options
    missmary11missmary11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Jennah, I have a suggestion for you... inexpensive, well trained and from the area...email me marycmcdonald11 at me<dot>comcheers,marycatherine
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards