Registry and Gift Forum
Options

China help: mix gold with platinum

I'm registering for formal china, and initially chose platinum patterns (Lenox Venetian Lace mixed with both Slate & Platinum Lauren Ralph Lauren). I've since remembered my grandmother's gold plated flatware she's hoping to give me 'when I'm ready'. Any suggestions for incorporating gold into a platinum China set? I'm considering 2-3 gold patterned serving bowls, etc. - and possibly some gold rimmed stemware to tie it all together when I choose to set gold flatware rather than silver. Anyone seen a great gold pattern you'd pair with silver/platinum?Your help is greatly appreciated!

Re: China help: mix gold with platinum

• Options
    I registered for the Lenox Venetian Lace also. It's a beautiful setting however I just can't see it mixed in with gold. I think perhaps since you are getting the gold plated flatware you would be better off to look for something that will match the gold better.
  • Options
    I'm not sure where you registered but I know at Macy's they were very good at "setting" the table and mixing and matching with us. Perhaps you can go back and they can make some suggestions and play around with different accents to see if you like the overall look.
  • Options
    Why not register for a line that is available in both Gold and Platinum to begin with?
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    "Politeness, n. The most acceptable hypocrisy." -Ambrose Bierce
  • Options
    Thanks for you reply posts, ladies. I am prepared to scrap my current China favorites and plan to visit Macy's again for suggestions as well. Until then, I would greatly appreciate finding a pattern which can work with both gold and platinum!
  • Options
    Vera Wang has a pattern called "With Love" that incorporates gold and platinum into the design together, so you'd have both on every piece. You can check it out at macys.com
  • Options
    I second the Vera Wang With Love suggestion -- it is beautiful!
    www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Thanks Ladies! I love Vera Wang... not sure how I skipped over this. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards