Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

remember how I wanted to change my name to Indecisive Bride- here's why!

I cannot decide on the following and FI is no help, he says whatever I want is good with him.

1. Photography- our package comes with the photog's time (not actual photos- that's extra) from these guys www.bluelenscaribe.com
However, I've seen these people's work www.delsolphotography.com and it's AMAZING! but of course $$. We can have the good ones shoot the getting ready/ceremony and then have the ok ones shoot the reception, or break it up any other way. We are also considering doing a 'trash the dress' and could use the ok ones for that.

2. Clothing- what my dads and the best man will wear. FI is wearing a tan suit and tie. The choices for the other men are- guayabera shirts (http://www.mycubanstore.com/men/men-beach-wedding-shirts-suits ), Tommy Bahama shirts (http://www.tommybahama.com/TBG/Men/Shirts/Silk_Shirts/PRD_T32936/Del+Rey+Camp+Shirt.jsp ) or tan/khaki but not matching G, suits.

3. DJ or no DJ. The DJ is $1000, to rent speakers and plug in our iPod is $450, or we can buy something like a Bose iPod dock and bring that ourselves. We will have <30 people and I'm not sure if DJ will be worth it and if people would even want to dance.

THOUGHTS?? HELP!

Re: remember how I wanted to change my name to Indecisive Bride- here's why!

• Options
    well, for the suit, FI has a really nice tan suit already and Mr. Thrifty doesn't want to buy another one so the chances of matching that to a new suit/pants is slim.
  • Options
    definitely 3rd what Kelly said.

and a really cute thing i saw someone do is get a song from every guest to include on your playlist. That would have been really helpful with ours. but I really like our IPod set up and I don't think anyone cares or will care at our AHR that there's not a DJ. You kind of have to be the DJ yourself with the playlist and make sure that the ordering is right but other than that, you're set!
    Harper Grace 8.31.12
    ?imageimage

• Options
    What colors are you using?  Could you put the groomsmen in a coordating color?  Like they could have blue/navy linen pants or chocolate.  Just something that would go but not match.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_remember-wanted-change-name-indecisive-bride-heres?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:54Discussion:ad6ad68d-8fbf-4da0-aa9f-baea5169c0e2Post:7b9bb689-83ae-4ddc-9262-de0075ca6370">Re: remember how I wanted to change my name to Indecisive Bride- here's why!</a>:
    [QUOTE]1. If you can afford the more expensive photog's and you like their work I would do it.  All you will have are pics after your wedding.  2. Why don't you just have the groomsmen wear the same pants as FI, do they come not sold as a suit?  If they do, then just chose a coordinating shirt.  I couldn't get the first link to work. 3. I would do the IPOD.  If you aren't great with mixing music have some friends help make playlists.  That's what we will do.  And you could use the money you used on the IPOD for the better photog's.  :)
    Posted by aukelly[/QUOTE]

This exactly!

Have you been in contact with Del Sol?  I think it was either them or Elizabeth Medina I had contacted for our wedding, and they weren't available in December.  I could be wrong, but that might help with deciding on photographers!  :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Del Sol is the photog I really want BUT it will DOUBLE the entire wedding budget to have them for 5 hours (minimum package!)

I just don't think I can swing that.

The Maid of Honor is wearing a dress in Teal from Alfred Angelo- it's between a turquoise and a peacock blue.

I *think* the dads would be most comfortable in a nice shirt and pants.

*sigh*

I can't make any decisions!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards