Texas-Austin
Options

DIY advice

I am making my own centerpieces for the reception and need some advice.  They are going to be very simply 10inch lily bowls with floating candles and gerber daisy's in them.  I want to put some vase gem rocks in the bottom and found some online that I love.  The problem is that I have NO idea how much to order!  They come in 3/4 pound bags and I will have 15 tables.  I know this is an odd question but I thought I would try.  TIA!  http://www.save-on-crafts.com/glassvasegems6.html
then.now Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: DIY advice

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I just wanted to say that I like your centerpiece idea... have you tried posting on the DIY board? Those ladies are awesome! Other than that I am no help, I don't have the slightest clue about how many you'd need... Sorry!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    good idea!  I am so non-DIY I forgot there was one :)
  • Options
    henderstraushenderstraus member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using vase gems for some of my centerpieces. I bought them at Michael's. When I get home I'll look at how much the bag weighs and try to give you an estimate on how many you may need. I know exactly what kind of bowl you are talking about, but unfortunately don't have one to play around with.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Can you run to walmart and buy some cheap gems that are similiar and do a trial run? Sorry, thats all I got LOL
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey... so I bought like, 50 bags of amber colored glass rocks last year when I thought I would be needing them for my centerpieces, but I'm not going to use them after all, so... would you be interested in buying mine off me? I'll sell them to you for $1 per bag. Email me if you want some/all of them! secondstar2theright [at] gmail [dot] com
    Liz & David | 10/23/09
    Planning Bio

• Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks henderstraus!   YGM ejayne. 
  • Options
    henderstraushenderstraus member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok, I have large bags that are 3 lbs each and small bags that are 12 oz each. I think the 3/4 bags would lightly cover the bottom of the bowls, but if you are looking for some more coverage I would get more. If I were you, I'd buy 20 bags of 3/4 lb each and that way have a couple extra bags to add to the other tables. And PS - the prices on that site are fantastic! Better than a 50% off sale at Michael's or Hobby Lobby!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you SO SO much!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards