Georgia-Atlanta

which veil should I wear?

Two of my friends have very generously offered to let me borrow their veils.  Which do you think would look better with my dress? I think I'm going to have both for my hair trial this weekend, but I won't have my dress with me, so I can't see the whole thing together.Veil A: fingertip length veil, edged in crystals, with a blusher[img]http://i25.tinypic.com/a46gk8.jpg[/img]Veil B: Elbow length bubble veil, no decoration or blusher[img]http://i32.tinypic.com/2gxrbl0.jpg[/img]I was originally thinking of using the first one, because the crystals match my dress, but now I'm thinking that the second one might be better, because it's simpler, and more modern. And I'm starting to feel like my outfit is getting a little overdone, and this might help to reign things in.
Baby Boxer is coming! 5.23.12
www.focushunting.com

Re: which veil should I wear?

• evareneeevarenee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    After looking at your bio and your dress. I like the second one.  I would go to your hair trial wearing a white tank and try them both though. I thought I was going to wear a birdcage veil and ended up not feeling it at all and just wore a flower I made instead. So you never know.
  • edited December 2011
    I prefer B but they are both lovely and you will look beautiful and appropriate either way.
  • edited December 2011
    I actually like the first one. My dress is smiliar to yours and I thought I would want a plain one, but when I put on one with beading along the edge it actually made the beads on the dress stand out more. So #1 for my choice.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I like the first one too. The second one is beautiful, but I think the first one would look fabulous with your dress. HTH!
  • askmetostayaskmetostay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    could you get one styled like #2, but with crystal edging like #1? i personally HATE blushers, i feel like all i can focus on is seeing the tiny holes, not seeing my groom past that....
  • edited December 2011
    well, these are both free, so I don't think I'm going to get anything else.  But I could always not use the blusher.  I think it's detachable, and if not, I could just keep it flipped back.Although, I did find out tonight that veil A is white, and my dress is ivory.  Does this matter?  I have no idea, and it's hard to tell since I don't have either the dress or the veil with me right now.  I guess I'll have to wait till I can hold them up to each other and see if it makes a difference.
    Baby Boxer is coming! 5.23.12
    www.focushunting.com
  • edited December 2011
    I would take both to the hair trial and then when you have the dress try them on with it again and make a decision. Its really hard to tell if you can't actually see it.
    KRHagen November 2009
  • edited December 2011
    There will be a difference and since your dress is ivory I would go with an ivory veil even though I like the first one the best.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards