Michigan-Grand Rapids
Options

Tea Length Wedding Dresses

Hello All!I know the web has a million options for me, but I'd love to support local businesses!Does anyone know of any stores that sell tea length wedding dresses?  Or...since I'm open to the idea of buying a dress and snipping...does anyone know of a store that sells "simple" wedding dresses.  I'm thinking less lace, diamonds, and frills...more classic styles, like a simple brooch or overlay.  I'm having difficulty finding "cute," "quaint," or "darling" dresses.  Any tips!  Thanks in advance!
Keep Moving Forward

Re: Tea Length Wedding Dresses

• Options
    AmoroAgainAmoroAgain member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't have any specific suggestions for you, but it sounds like you want a more vintage style.  I'd suggest checking out vintage styles online and maybe seeing what they have at vintage stores in GR (I don't know if there are any?)
  • Options
    heather_rae90heather_rae90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi finalgirl! I admire that you want to support local businesses, especially during these tough economic times. :)Are either of these kind of what you're looking for?http://tinyurl.com/nbty6dhttp://tinyurl.com/mcc9azOr, here's a more "vintage" look like Amoro inquired about:http://tinyurl.com/mx3ecxI'd definitely check out the Alfred Angelo line, you can find it at Kim Kriner's Bridal on S. Division, Cutlerville Bridal on S. Division, or Bridal Gallery on 44th.HTH! Good luck with your search for your dream dress! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I can't help with a specific store, but I though I'd suggest that you keep your mind open to bridesmaid dresses.  I found many more tea length options in bridesmaid dresses as compared to wedding dresses.  Plus, you can buy a really high quality 'maids dress for way less than a lower quality wedding dress.  Also, many of them are available in white, ivory, or champagne. 
  • Options
    farmgirl82909farmgirl82909 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    dont forget you could find a floor length one without a train then have it shortened into a tea length dress.
  • Options
    shrades77shrades77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would definitely try September's Bride in Holland, or give them a call.  They seem to carry some great styles, and I wouldn't be surprised if they had some tea-length ones like you were looking for.  GL!
    **Rachel & Andy - 9.6.09**

Vendor Reviews l Pro Pic Preview image

• Options
    clmcnicholasclmcnicholas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check Belle of the Ball. They just moved to their new store at 28th and Breton in that little plaza by bagel beanery. She has such unique styles and Sherry the owner is such a sweetheart!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try Bella Spoca on plainfield in Plainfield Twn.  I actually got my dress at debs lol I paid was less for it, and found an extremely simillar dress on davidsbridal.com for $500 more!  With school starting up i bet there are a bunch of white prom dresses out there that might be close to what you are looking for. :)
  • Options
    finalgirlfinalgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} heather_rae90—thank you for the links.  The first two are styles that I like, but I’d like something just a smidge longer (covering the knees).  Thanks for the links!   cbell090509-Thanks for the bridesmaid dress idea.  That might be a life saver if I can’t find a “bridey-bride” dress.  J   Everyone else—thank you so much for your tips!  I didn’t even know of some of these shops.  I’ll be sure to check them out in the upcoming months!  
    Keep Moving Forward
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards