Hawaii

Maui DJ Review - DJ Del Sol and DJ Decka

himauihimaui member
First Comment
To preface this review, I got married earlier this month at Olowalu, and everything went awesomely! I was mostly a lurker on this forum before the wedding, and I found everyone's vendor reviews to be super helpful. I want to help other people out by posting my reviews. I'm using the format of reviews on weddingwire.com (and copying my review from there). More vendors to come soon!

Quality - 5/5 stars
Responsiveness - 4/5 stars
Professionalism - 5/5 stars
Value - 5/5 stars
Flexibility - 5/5 stars

We had Del Sol's partner Evan (DJ Decka) DJ our wedding a few weeks ago at Olowalu Plantation House.

Evan was amazing. He came early to set up and I believe he even started playing a bit earlier than agreed upon when the musician took off early. He played a good mix before and during dinner, and kept the dance floor full the entire night, with both young and older guests. I believe he played most of the songs on our request list, and he was very open to taking requests that day.

Evan contacted us a few days before the wedding to see if we could meet in person. This meeting was really helpful, as we got to know his style, and he got to know us better as well. We gave him our list of requested songs, and he had some suggestions for our first dance song, one of which we ended up choosing. We also told him about the demographics of our guests, and he played a perfect mix for everyone.

The only minor complaint I have about Del Sol is that he double booked us. We had told him our date and were in the stage of sending the contract back when we found out had already booked someone else on our date. It turned out OK, though, because we got Evan, who rocked. 

To his credit, I had contacted Del Sol many months ago to inquire about his services, and he did follow up very closely with me for a long while, asking if I had any further questions, even as I continued to say "no, we're still thinking about it." In addition, he made sure we weren't left high and dry by setting us up with Evan.

Regarding price, we paid $750 for 4 hours. 

So, overall, Evan was fabulous, and I had just one minor issue with Del Sol. I would definitely book Evan again.

Re: Maui DJ Review - DJ Del Sol and DJ Decka

• peterandjiapeterandjia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you! This review is very helpful! Please write a review with your Olowalu Plantation House experience. That is one of the locations we are looking at right now. 
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you!  This review was helful as I am looking to hire DJ Del Sol in February. =)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards