Oregon
Options

Venue question... again...

Sorry ladies for the mundane venue post. I had posted earlier and someone asked for me to narrow it down. I've done Google searches for Portland weddings, but can't find what I'm looking for.So... we're pretty open to anything from Portland to Corvallis. We would, however, like something that has a sort of outdoorsy/rustic feel on the inside, rather than the ballroom feel. It will be a fall wedding. Anyone know of a place?The interior of Copper Hill in Salem is kind of what we're looking for (http://www.eventsatcopperhill.com/gallery.htm), but it doesn't look like it's in a good neighborhood (we won't be able to look at it for a few months since we don't live in the area). Has anyone driven by it? How does it look from the outside?
imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Venue question... again...

• Options
    VitaLunaVitaLuna member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oops... sorry about the underlining : (
  • Options
    ellenlinusellenlinus member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the Cornelius Pass Roadhouse (Mcmenamins) may be a good venue. It has both inside and outside ceremony and reception options.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There have been several of us that got married at Cornelius Pass Roadhouse.  Lots of pics from my wedding in my planning bio! Also, there's Camp Colton and the Scappoose Creek Inn.
  • Options
    VitaLunaVitaLuna member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What was the guest count at your wedding? How many people were you able to fit into the barn comfortably with the dance floor? It says 120 on the website, but does this include room for dancing and food tables?Thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had tables for 120 set up in the barn.  The center space was left open for a dance floor.  The buffet was set up along the back side.  I've also seen it set up with a tent next to the barn in the area where our ceremony was held- they put the buffet or tables out there, which frees up more indoor space. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It looks like the picture on the outside...confused by that question. It's just a building in the middle of a parking lot. As far as the neighborhood, it's in south Salem, which is one of the nicer parts of town, but is just on the side of the main road through that part of town, not surrounded by trees or anything like that. (I'm assuming thats what you're asking...) Not sure where you were lead to believe it was in a bad neighborhood.
  • Options
    VitaLunaVitaLuna member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    beth.... I was told by others that Commercial wasn't a very nice road, so that's where the idea came from. Sorry it comes up to the front picture first. It's a slide show and you have to wait for the other pics (they don't have them show individually anywhere on the website). And thank you for the info on Cornelius Pass Roadhouse. I was worried about the space, but it might work!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ya, Commercial's just a really big, main road. So the building's just on the side of the street. Kinda lame. But it looks really pretty from the outside for sure.  
  • Options
    FutureACEFutureACE member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was just a BM in a wedding in Corvallis. You'll have to google the info but here are the basics I know. Beazell Memorial Forest in Philomath, OR. Sorry I don't have the link off the top of my head. She had about 80 guests...no dancing, small buffet. It would definitely depend on your guests list size.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I live in Salem area. Keizer acctually. Cooper Hill is in South Salem. While some parts of Commercial is not the nicest areas thats more NE than SE. I like the area of town. Iff you still question the area for safety. here is a suggestion for a smaller wedding. Wilson house in Silverton. It's actually designed by Frank Lloyd Wright in the 60's. Was saved and moved next to the oregon gardens a few years ago and rents for about $1500 for weddings. I kooked at it myself but its too small.
  • Options
    Minda1976Minda1976 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married at the Heathman Lodge in Vancouver WA.  This might work for your rustic feel.  Check it out online.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards