Wisconsin

Marriage License

How far before the wedding should we apply? I know it is only valid for 30 days...do we apply prior to the 30 days or during the 30 days?

Re: Marriage License

• deeregirl13deeregirl13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    During.  Check your county's website or call up the courthouse to see the specific requirements in your county.  They have waiting periods up to a week before you get your license in hand.
  • maggyruthmaggyruth member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wisconsin has one of the longest waiting period in the States at 6 days. So, if you're getting married in Wisconsin on say, Septemeber 12th, you'd need to get the license no later than September 6th.  Since that's a Sunday, you'd want to go the Friday before.HTH!
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, we're going about 29 days before our wedding day! That's the one thing that's making me a little nervous. I know it shouldn't, but I'd love to have it in my hand.
  • edited December 2011
    In Milwaukee County, you have to apply at least 8 days before the wedding.  Whoever said the waiting period is 6 days is wrong.http://www.county.milwaukee.gov/GettingMarried22000.htm
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Check the requirements of the county.  We got married in Dane county and got it about 2-3 weeks before the wedding.  According to Dane County's website, you have to get it at least 6 days before the wedding or pay an extra fee.
    On September 8th 2007, I married my best friend. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • maggyruthmaggyruth member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Milwaukee County, you have to apply at least 8 days before the wedding. Whoever said the waiting period is 6 days is wrong.My apologies...I should have said at LEAST 6 days. The STATE of Wisconsin is 6 days...each county has it's own rules beyong that (so technically, I wasn't wrong)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards