Louisiana-Baton Rouge
Options

Locations in Shreveport

I have been looking for "unique" places to get married that aren't too expensive and I can't seem to find any in the area. Does anyone have any ideas or know of a place. My wedding is May 19, 2012. HELP!!!!!

Re: Locations in Shreveport

• Options
    edited December 2011

I am getting married in S'port in March of 2012 and totally feel your pain! Most weddings I have been to here are either at a country club or the Petroleum Club (not that there is anything wrong with either... they are just a bit overdone).

I am sorry I can't be specific about costs (I haven't done much research yet), but these are some "unique" ideas that my friends and I came up with:

1. ArtSpace (downtown on Texas St.) - has 3 floors that you can rent, so it holds a lot of people. (We went to a party there once, and it was really nice.)
    2. Robinson Film Center - much smaller space, but I have heard of people renting the space on the top floor for rehearsal dinners... and it has a theatre screen if you want to show a slideshow of pics. :-)
    3. Silver Lake Ballroom - my friend's sorority had a formal here... it was surprisingly nice!

Good luck with your wedding plans!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards