Flowers

Florist/Flower problems

OK- This is the first time in the whole planning process that I am worried that I might be having a fit of Bridezilla.  I am concerned about our centerpieces for the wedding.  Our contract with our florist states that they will be: "designed in a low cylindrical bowl, a mix of dense flowers including ‘Antique’ hydrangea, red roses, red & burgundy ranunculus, red spray roses with gold accents and hypericum berry in the base of the vase”.  He sent me a picture of quite frankly, a cheap looking bunch of white hydrangea and primarily orange-ish flowers.  He steered me away from mini cymbidiums for my bouquet because they were too orangey and I had told him that the last thing I wanted was a really autumnal look and that I hate the color orange.  If I were to sum up the arrangement in 2 words, it would be “sparse” and “orange”.  Is it too aggressive to tell him that what he is showing me is unacceptable?  My wedding is in 21 days.  I am not sure what to do.  This situation is making me really angry, but I am not a confrontational person by any measure.  How do I tell him I am unhappy with the sample he has provided without being a total biitch?

Re: Florist/Flower problems

• edited December 2011
    Totally unexceptable. Did he send you a picture of someone else's flowers? don't hesitate to tell him that you think he may have sent you the wrong picture and ask him to get out his copy of the contract and look at what it says. Unless he was just showing you a possible style and not the actual centerpieces. Some florist will try to show a bride a particular style and not use the flowers that will be in the bokay. Keep your cool, at first, could be a possible mistake or just a style run. Oh-Antique Hydrangea are not white and they also are not available 12 months out of the year. They do have a season. And they are more expensive than a standard white hydrangea, white are by far the cheapest. It is also best to have a picture of the style you like and showing just how dense you want the flowers to be. Dense can be subjective and it's always best to have pictures that are at least close to what a bride wants. Have them attach the picture to the order so that the designer will know exactly what you want. Don't assume that the person taking the order is the person that will make the flowers. So pictures are a life saver for the bride and the designer. They want to know just what the bride wants, as well. Hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards