Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

The things you do...

to other people that would typically annoy you if someone did them to you.For instance, I'm a cell phone looker. I see a cell phone blowing up and I instinctually look to see who's calling. Even when it isn't my phone. If someone did this to me, I'd want to punch them.
Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution

Re: The things you do...

• Options
    I'm a cell phone looker too.  Or if I can't see, when the person is done reading the text or speaking to the caller, I'll ask "Who was that?"  Just because I'm nosy.  But it drives me nuts when people do that to me!  I want to yell "NUNYO BEESWAX!"

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    I never answer my phone.  I just see whos calling and wonder what they want.  If they leave a message, I text back.  I even do this do DH, yet I hate when I call him and he doesnt answer.  I hate talking on the phone though.  Most of my friends know this and just text me. I also dont always fold the sails after sailing and just shove them down the hatch.  I get ticked when DH does this because its a pain to sort through them to reraise them.
  • Options
    I'm a nose blower looker.  Particularly if it is in an especially quiet place or a restaurant, but I hate when people look at me when I'm blowing my nose.  I typically don't do it in public, but if I have to, I don't want anyone to look at me.
  • Options
    I hate when people (Mike) doesn't put the toilet paper on the roll.  When ultimately I never do.Oh, when he does laundry and doesn't check the pockets.  I never check the pockets.When people interrupt me I get really angry.... not the first time, but like the fifth time I want to punch them.  I do the same thing.

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    I get all annoyed when some one blocks a shelf or bin in the supermarket with their cart while they are looking around so I can't reach in and grab what I need. I also hate when I am looking at a jewelry or sunglasses rack and some one else come up and just twirls to look at a new side with out a care in the world to what I am looking at.Now I just do both right back. I feel so entitled it is gross.
  • Options
    I HATE stopping for people to pee while on road trips. HATE IT. I typically have a large bladder and I'm usually smart enough to not drink huge amounts of liquid before getting into a car for a trip. However, if I have to pee, you best be pullin' over.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    I'm also bad with emails. I'll check 'em and try to make a mental note to come back to them, but sometimes I never do and I forget I even got an email. But if IIII email someone, they better be hittin' me on the flip side in two and two.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    When it was FI's responsibility to do the dishes, I'd get mad if he didn't do them that night.  Now that I do them, I rarely do them until the next afternoon.To be fair though, I typically need some of the dishes to cook dinner the next day and he doesn't get home in time to wash them before I start dinner, whereas I have all day.

• Options
    I repeat myself. I hate it when people do that to me!
  • Options
    I hate it when people are talking on the phone and either a) stop to think for an extended period of time without saying anything (FI), or b) use lots of umms, ahhs, hmms, and other such filler words while they try to formulate their sentance (mom).  It takes all my willpower to not scream "spit it out already!!".But then I do it.  Doh.
  • Options
    I HATE stopping for people to pee while on road trips. HATE IT. I typically have a large bladder and I'm usually smart enough to not drink huge amounts of liquid before getting into a car for a trip.Oh fishface, that makes me sad.  I have been daydreaming all day of taking a road trip with you, but alas, I am one of THOSE PEOPLE who has to pee every 20 minutes without fail.
  • Options
    Oooh, I have one for FI.  He never listens to my voicemails, just calls back, so I've stopped leaving voicemails.  What's the point?  But he ALWAYS leaves me a voicemail, and on the rare occasion I don't listen to it before I call him back, he's always told me some story in it, and I get this "Did you listen to my voicemail?  No?  *big huffy sigh* FINE I guess I'll tell you my story AGAIN."  When I point out he doesn't listen to MY voicemails, he says "But you don't leave any!"  Yeah!  Because you don't listen to them!

• Options
    I get all annoyed when some one blocks a shelf or bin in the supermarket with their cart while they are looking around so I can't reach in and grab what I need. I also hate when I am looking at a jewelry or sunglasses rack and some one else come up and just twirls to look at a new side with out a care in the world to what I am looking at. ^This
  • Options
    I hate when people say "Uh huh" "Yeah?" "hmm" etc, while I'm telling a story, so I don't do it to other people.  Then they get mad and think I'm not listening.  So now I do it obnoxiously.  Think "YEAH???" every time they pause to breathe.  But only to FI and my mom, who are the people that got mad at me for not doing it.  And I won't stop, because I'm supermature like that.

• Options
    Without fail DH puts my laundry away without turning things right side out which drives me bonkers. Then, I usually find myself thinking, "let him turn his own boxers right side  out."
  • Options
    I hate it when I'll ask FI what he wants for dinner and I get the old, "I don't care".  I do this to him all the time.  In my defense though, I hate it when he responds that way because he is way pickier than me about what he wants to eat and really does care.  I just say it to make decision making easy. 
  • Options
    Uh, all of the above? I never return phone calls, but damn you to Hell if you don't return mine. I never answer e-mails that aren't work related, but please answer mine. When I'm engrossed in a book, don't bother me, but husband, even though you're engrossed in a book, I want you to pay attention to me!  
  • Options
    Noodle is a neat freak.  Horrible, horrible neat freak.  Like, as soon as I'm done eating he's like "You'd better wash that out so it doesn't dry."  Thank you, I know how to clean up my own dishes.  Or if I leave a can on the table for longer than 30 minutes its "*Heavy sigh* I guess I'LL just get it."But he seems to have a problem putting his bottles and cans into the recycling, instead he leaves them all on the counter by the sink.  No matter how many times I tell him to stop.  WTF.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Options
    I hate it when people don't answer emails/text messages but I am horrible at both.
  • Options
    Interrupt. I'm a terrible horrible interrupter.  I think it's cause I just get so excited in conversations... And I twitch. I hate when people are jittery and can't sit still, but I'm so guilty of this.
  • Options
    Sarie, we can still road trip. I'll just have to get drunk first. Then I won't care.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Or maybe I can find one of those travel pee funnels.  That would be some knottie bonding for sure!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards