Massachusetts-Boston

STD address questions

Hey girls, I'm trying to set up my addresses in my guest list spreadsheet.  Just a couple questions:1. In the case of non-married couples, is the female always put on the first line?2. What is the correct way of writing Junior or Senior?  Did you use the full spelling or abbreviations?Thanks!

Re: STD address questions

• edited December 2011
    Hey hun-- I can't help with the questions (sorry-- I didn't do mine right, so I don't want to tell you the wrong way!!), but i'm so happy your STD's are going out soon!! What do they look like?! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Liz!  One of our fellow circus performers will be designing them ;)  It will be one of our e-pics with words on it.  I haven't talked to her yet bc I still need to make a website!  ooops.
  • edited December 2011
    Anyone know which numbers you spell out?
  • edited December 2011
    Hmm... I've been known to perform in a circus, and I'm having a circus of a wedding... please say it's me? ;) For our addresses, I don't know if we did them right or not, ha! For non-married couples, if we knew them both, I put them in alpha order. For other couples - if we only knew one of the pair (haven't met the SO yet, for example) - I put their name first because they'll recognize the return address :) I just did "First Last, Jr." for ours - don't know if that's right either, but we only had one!
  • edited December 2011
    For numbers - I spelled out anything under 10 - but the calligrapher actually spelled them all out I think. Fancy Smancy. I think under 10 is fine! Oh - and if you need website help let me know!
  • edited December 2011
    LOL you guessed it!  I will send you an email soon :) Any suggestions on where I should start with the wedding website?
  • edited December 2011
    Haha-- lucky lady, erilou! :)  Lemme know if Gable can help with those amazing design ideas.  I did the same thing as erilou for the junior stuff... it sure looked right to me. ;)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I'm useless on #2, but for #1 what I did was put whoever I was really aiming to invite on the top, and then their SO underneath. So, my MOH got hers with her name on top, and her fiance's name underneath, whereas, let's see, my friend Mike got his name on top and his fiance's name underneath. I don't know if it's the right thing to do or not, but HTH
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, I might just wing it lol. Liz, they're megnets so I think they might break gable if you tried to letter press lol
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Ekobs, maybe I'm too late to help on your STDs, but my awesome calligrapher has a great addressing etiquette guide on her website that answers pretty much any address question you can think of.   Go to calligraphybycarrie.com - then click on etiquette counts - it has rules for issues that I never even knew existed! :)  If not for your STDs then maybe it will help for the actual invites.Oh, and on the #s question, I believe the rule is to write out under 20, but for what it's worth, she advises not to do this in big cities because it can confuse the post office and lead to delays.  I think we did for Boston area but not for NYC.  HTH!
  • edited December 2011
    clomo, that's perfect, thank you!!!  Her prices look really good too
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards