Latino Weddings

What's your love story...?

OMGosh...I've only met great people on this board! Why can't there be more people like you by where I live...lol. Thx for all the great advise that you guys have been providing me..it really is helping me through this difficult time... But anyways, I just wanted to hear about your love stories. How and where you met your FI's? What made you fall in love with him? How did he propose? etc...I love hearing like these (it makes me believe that love really does exist - and maybe it might give me a few pointers on where I can find the nice, succesful and cute Latino boys!) So this is your chance to brag about your FI's chicas! Hit me with your best stories~~~

Re: What's your love story...?

• edited December 2011
    Hey qt! You're amazing for asking this question - and damn smart. I always say, surround yourself with love and you will get nothing but love in return. This is an excerpt from our wedding website, the short version of how we met (full link in my bio to the official wedding website) How we met Henry and Viviana both decided to start taking salsa classes and do something new and different. Through semi-mutual friends, they ended up in the same salsa class in Manhattan. One by one, their group of friends dropped out of the first cycle of classes, until the start of the second cycle, they found they were the only ones left taking class! A friendship began before/during/after Monday night classes and online. Finally after a few weeks, they were able to meet up at a salsa night at a local club, SOBs, and it ended up being the night they fell in love. In essence, I decided after a year of going out with my BFF who was a semi-pro salsa dancer, that I wanted to learn. I grew up in dance classes and loved it my whole life. I loved ballroom, too, and of course I could dance salsa already, but not REALLY dance it with twirls and technique and "on 2" styling and stuff. So I decided to go! Meanwhile, FI wanted to start checking stuff off his "bucket list" of stuff he wanted to do in his life, salsa class one of them. We didn't really speak until the 2nd cycle and he came up to me on the subway (I almost punched him out, LOL) and we started to be friends, then chat pals, then "ooh i kinda like him" then "oh i better dress up for this one night we get to dance" :-) Totally worked, we've been together ever since. And that club is where he eventually proposed!
  • qt07qt07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for sharing that great story Viviana! (I LOOOOVE your name by the way, guess I must have been a Vivana in my past life...lol). But that is soo cool though, I guess I ought to try some salsa dancing classes. I loooove salsa dancing and can do the basic steps and twirls (c'mon now it's in our blood!!) but I would like to learn new steps or something. It is pretty cool how you guys met though, cuz who would have known right! You're a great, great girl (and very beautiful) and I wish you nothing but the best on your wedding...hope you can post some pics up so that we can see!! JC
  • qt07qt07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMGosh! I just checked your website and it is beautiful...I can't believe your FI proposed on stage in front of that many people!! I almost shed a tear when I read that...I am so happy for you Viviana...you deserve it for being such a cool girl!
  • edited December 2011
    Gracias amiga!!!!!<3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards