Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Ceremony music help!!

Okay I am about two months out from the big day. I have yet to even start picking out ceremony music!
We are having a church ceremony so my though was to do just a cd on the churches sound system with instrumental musicno words so that way I don't have to worry about anything that's "secular" and not church approved I need help bad! Any suggestions as to where I should start looking?! I have tried iTunes and can't find diddly squat! Or if you have any instrumental songs that you think are nice?!
Thanks!!!

Re: Ceremony music help!!

• jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited August 2012
    I think you should talk to your priest or the church's music director to see if they have a list of church approved recommendations. Just because something is instrumental doesn't mean it's not secular.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Hi,
    I just had my wedding last Saturday and had Vogue Music Events providing the music for my wedding. We had a duet violin and piano and they were amazing. The girl offered any size enesmble you can think of, but unfortunately our budget allowed only a duet. Look at their website, they have music samples that you can hear. I can only say that for our wedding they were just great!
  • I wanted to stray away from traditional ceremony music, but still have something that was whimsical and/or romantic.  We ended up using "Honor", the main theme from The Pacific series for when the men and bridal party walked down and "Moonrise" by Brian Crain for my entrance.  They are beautiful songs and the buildup from Honor was perfect for the delicate nature of Moonrise.

• we are using traditional processional music, my bridesmaids are walking down to jesu joy of mans desiring and I'm walking down the aisle to Canon in D.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards