New Jersey - South
Options

Dumb Question..

I know this is probably the stupidest question but does the bride usually wear her engagement ring on the wedding day?  So dumb but I want to do the traditional thing...

Re: Dumb Question..

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i don't know if there is a "traditional" thing ... a lot people wear theirs normally and switch the order after the ceremony.  some people wear their engagement on their other hand for the ceremony and put it on over the wedding ring later.  we incorporated it into the ceremony, so the best man had mine along with my wedding ring. 
  • Options
    megk8ozmegk8oz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've heard of people that wear it on their left hand and then after the ceremony switch the order of the rings. I've also heard of people wearing it on their right hand and moving it over after the ceremony. Personally, that  day I'm planning on wearing mine on my right hand ... but from that day on, I'm going to keep my engagement ring ON my right hand. But I know that's not an incredibly popular choice, and I'm sure that's violating some sort of etiquette rule somewhere.I'm making it this decision strictly on I don't like how the 2 rings look on MY hand (My ring size is a 4, I have little "baby" hands, so even 2 really thin bands look like "too much". Plus, my band and my e-ring don't "match".)I can't imagine a lot of women just DON'T wear their engagement ring the day of, though.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wore my engagement ring on my right hand and then put it it back on my left hand after the ceremony. But I think this confused my H a bit. Maybe because he thought he'd be able to use it to make sure he was putting my wedding band on the right finger.
    I'm pretty sure it's pronounced your mom's a moron and if you didn't have your name legally changed by the age of 22, so are you. Unless you're from another continent. -Groomz
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wore my e-ring on my right hand until after the ceremony and then I switched it back to my left.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    trrouble07 - that is a GREAT pic! Your face is priceless! Congrats!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks stacy, it's my favorite because it's 100% how i felt that day. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards