Wisconsin
Options

Honeymoon

Where are you going on your honeymoon and how did you take care of all the travel arrangements?  If you used a travel agent, who was it and would you recommend them?

FS and I will be taking our honeymoon in December and want to go somewhere warm (to escape Wisconsin snow and cold) but we aren't sure if we're better off with a travel agent or just doing it ourselves. 

Re: Honeymoon

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The only time I ever used a travel agent was for going to China... and that was mostly to help us with our visas. 

We took a cruise for our honeymoon and did all of the arrangements online. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You would be just fine to go on a site like funjet.com and set everything up directly with them rather tan going through a TA who will get commision off your booking. 

You can also book your excursions through them, but we like to wait until we get to the resort because the locals will know the best days to do and what the weather forecast will be like.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are also doing a cruise and then staying in Florida for a few days. We are booking everything ourselves :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We just got back from Riviera Maya mexico and it was absolutely beautiful. The weather was upper 80's and the night's were upper 60's and the best part is there were hardly any people there at this time of the year. We booked through Applevacations only because my mom bought us that for our wedding present.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    SaraD7SaraD7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married in Rivieria Maya at the Aventura Cove and Spa. It will be our honnymoon as well. We are going to be having an At Home Reception, in Mequon WI when we return.
  • Options
    mrsnkernermrsnkerner member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you have a AAA membership, they often offer to plan/schedule/book trips for you at no additional cost.
  • Options
    smockly05smockly05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I want to ditto applevacations.com.. i've booked 2 trips through them (had to cancel one due to injury) and they offer great deals, especially to warm locations. The trip I had to cancel I had purchased trip insurance on and it was a no-hassel situation which worked out great. You can also book day excursions in the area you're staying to add on to your trip too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We will be booking our honeymoon ourselves online. Probably through sandals.com, secretsresorts.com, or couples.com. We want to go to Jamaica because neither of us has ever been & we've been to Mexico twice already. Our honeymoon budget will decide which resort we will be choosing.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We've visited a couple travel agencies, but my fiance has been able to find similar packages online for less.  We're planning to go to Kauai. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are booking everything through a travel agent. Less headaches and things for me to worry about.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We just booked our honeymoon and will be staying at the Sandals resort in St. Lucia.  We are soooo excited!! We booked straight through Sandals because they were running a deal for 50% off! For 7 days at an all inclusive, it did not cost us that much.  Friends of ours just came back from there and they had a great time.
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards