Military Brides

Valentine's Day Challenge?

I saw this on the Getting in Shape board (I lurk there, but I've never posted) and thought maybe we'd like to try this?

Starting on January 1st (Is can be a New Years Resolution!) until Valentine's day set a personal fitness goal.  It can be to lose a few pounds, or just to workout 3x's a week or more.  If we all do it together, we can keep each other accountable!!  My H should be coming home around that time so I mean, I'd love to look pretty spectacular!!

Anyone interested? or have any suggestions?
Photobucket

Re: Valentine's Day Challenge?

• I'd be interested, I really need some motivation to lose a good 10 pounds.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • That sounds great.  I would love to be a part of that.  I have been having a really hard time getting weight to come off.  I have been killing myself with working out, diet change and all kinds of things and still nothing.  I had blood work this morning to see what is going on with me.  Oh and I am training for the Princess 1/2 marathon so to have a group keeping me honest with my training would be great!  
  • Maybe it's something we could do a few times during the year?
    Photobucket
  • I am totally in!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest "I'm thinking balls are to men what purses are to women. It's just a little bag, but we feel naked in public without it." -Carrie ~ Sex and the City
  • You know I'm already starting to lose a few lbs, so I would like to try this. I'm really hoping I can get my butt back into gear, I'm just being too lazy atm. 
  • I'm in!

While I don't need to lose weight, I would love to be better in shape. Having a high metabolism is sort of a pain because I don't gain weight and I eat what I want while never working out.  Sounds great, right?? Not really, I am so out of shape it isn't funny...so I want to be overall healthier... instead of just looking healthy

Photobucket
  • I'm totally in! I'm going to need somebody to help me stay accountable for eating right and losing weight. Great idea Sami!
  • so how are we going to do this?  Everyone post their goals?  Give weekly or bi weekly updates and progress?  Maybe share some things that are working for us, meal ideas, exercise tips or deals, etc? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest "I'm thinking balls are to men what purses are to women. It's just a little bag, but we feel naked in public without it." -Carrie ~ Sex and the City
  • I was thinking that we could use this post for our goals, we could make tickers if we wanted too... Also, Probably once a week we can do another post of progress tips, stuff like that.
    Photobucket
  • That sounds great. 

Confession- Sami, this thread makes me want to have icecream because 1. this talks about diet and stuff and 2. because of your picture.  HAA
  • Maaaaaan!  Now I want ice cream!!!!

Let's start tomorrow? :D
  • Haha.. I know right?! I've had a pint of Ben & Jerry's for like 3 weeks and I've been really good about not eating it!! but tonight might be the night.  We could start it now, but with Christmas right around the corner, honestly it's a terrible time to start a workout/diet. 
    Photobucket
  • So let's post our goals now....and then start Jan 1?
  • I vote to start this in the New Year. No way can I handle eating so little with such good food around me! lol 
  • I feel your pain.  My mom informed me today she is not only making prime rib for Christmas dinner, but cornish game hens too!  Not to mention an amazing spread of appetizers and champagne for Christmas eve!  I can't wait!  haha I will earn my Jan 1 start date this year!
  • I'm in. I probably won't make a ticker but I'll participate in update posts!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • I was reading in my Curves magazine today (Diane Magazine PM me if anyone wants to receive the digital editions!!) and it had a great article on Making and Keeping Resolutions.

1. Surround yourself with people who are also making changes (Accountability works!)
    2. Create Habits that support your new intention (Put workouts in your schedule, or plan a week's worth of menu's every week)
    3.Write down what's holding your back (Ask yourself what is keeping you from achieving your goals, you have the power to let go of them and reach your goals!)
    4. Set attainable goals. (No one can lose 100lbs in 1 month.. 1 year.. sure, but not in a month.)

It's all a little bit cheesy, but we'll see if it works!! 
    Photobucket
  • I love this <3

my goal isn't weight loss (I'm glad that I did that this year!) but I'm always game for being in better shape, and accountability is SO important and is one of the only reasons I succeeded in losing 35 pounds this year! 

<3 totally. And I think what Sami posted is a great idea for what to write out. 

so, with all that said- I'm in :) I'll have a few sort term valentines goals, but mine will mostly be 5 month wedding goals! ;)

I think this is a cool thing to keep going all year, just with an occasional thread about it :) Fitness is for all year!
    wedding1 Anniversary
  • I know I'm a bit late on the thread, but I'm in!  My goal will be to work out at least 45 minutes, 4 days/week. 
  • I'd be in! I FINALLY reached my goal weight last week (that only took me 3 years to lose 30+ lbs...geesh. Though I did get lazy for a while, so my fault). But even though I'm at my goal weight, I'm not "in shape" in the sense of strong lungs, heart, and muscles. And I really want to be toned for my wedding (especially arms and back, since that's all anyone would really see). I'm meeting with a personal trainer at my gym when I get back from holiday vacation, so I won't be able to figure out my goals til Jan. 2nd.
  • My Goal is to lose 15 lbs and it work out 4-5x's per week.  Also, to add in some more running!
    Photobucket
  • Oh this is a great idea!

I hope to lose 50 lbs before the wedding! :)
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards